Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

help re airlines for story

edited January 2006 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Hello, I'm Olivia.  I'm writing a story that entails a trip to Australia. I've tried to find out stops from England.  Can only get India and Malaysia.  But is it Bombay or Delhi, and is it Singapore?  Can anyone help, please.  Thanks.
  • I'll try again and again and again.  I'm writing a story that entails trip to Australia, but are stops Bombay and Singapore?  Thanks a million for reply.
  • Hi Olivia, I'm not going to be much help but I thought that Singapore was likely as I seem to remember colleagues of mine travelling that way. I am still in touch with some and will ask at my earliest oppotunity. Hope someone with more knowledge comes on in the meantime. Good luck.
  • PS. You might try putting this question in the "Queries" section. I know that I rarely visit "Reading". Dunno about anyone else. It's just a thought.
  • I know several people who have flown to Oz and they all stopped overnight in either Singapore or somewhere in Thailand.  Why not try being a bit sneaky and go into your local travel agents as if you want to book a holiday and find out.  Or check the flight pages on the net?
  • As a follow-up to Lixxy's suggestion, try

http://www.australia.com/plan htm

Search around the home page and click on 'How to get there'

Each airline on the list has a website and they seem to have a wide variety of intermediate stopping places.

If your story has not yet reach the stage where your traveller has to call at certain places en-route your choice is open ended -- just take your pick!

Good luck!
  • Hi Olivia, when I went from Australia to England, we stopped off in Singapore. I'd say it's the main stopping off place. Or you could try Hongkong.
  • Hi Olivia,

When I went from Australia to France a few years ago, there was a stop at Narita Airport in Tokyo; that was flying Japan Airlines. I think it's the same going the other way as well.
  • My son flew England to Australia and stopped off in Hong Kong on the way out.  Then stopped at Singapore on the way back. 
  • My friend has gone to Australia today, and I think he has a stopover in Hong Kong. I think he's staying the night there. When my Auntie went she just had a re-fuelling stop in Singapore.