Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

To Debs - and anyone else out there

edited January 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Well, the script has come winging back from BBC writersroom after four months.
    But, although it was another "thanks but no thanks", it has been read properly and the feedback is very positive.
    This is the third consecutive script that the writersroom have seen fit to comment on in depth so there is still hope.
    I didn't even feel disappointed. Mainly because I know my next masterpiece is close to completion and, after taking note of the comments from the last one regarding characterisation, will knock them dead!
    Expect an update early or middle of next month.
    Bye!
  • Good luck!
  • Well done Courierjohn! I didn't want to say anthing before, but a collegaue of mine, who has worked for the BBC told me that it is near impossible for them to accept a first script from a writer unknown to them. Now, however you have submitted three and they took the trouble to give you feedback, which means that they think you have potential. Keep submitting to them and when you send the next script in, enclosed a letter thanking them for the feedback etc. Well done again, I just know you will get there!
  • WELL DONE! You keep on going... We have complete faith in you!
    A massive thumbs up go to you!
  • Well done!  Good luck with the next submission!
  • Congratulations courierjohn! That's great to hear.
  • Sounds like they have now 'clocked' your name and will in future pay special attention to your submissions.  Good luck.
  • Brilliant CJ, a really good ilustration of how rejection can be positive. (A message for any BBC readers who might be taking a sneaky look at this web site: take the next one or we'll send the boys round! Goddit???)
  • Hello folks

Thank you all for your comments. It is always good to know that people are out there rooting for you.
    Persistence is half the battle in this writing game - that and a spark of talent I guess.
    I am persistent. Now let's see if I can use the feedback I have received from the BBC and develop the talent!