Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Where to buy WM in Edinburgh?

edited September 2008 in - WM and WN
The question is in the title really. I know someone who is looking to buy this magazine in Edinburgh but everywhere she has looked doesn't have it. Any suggestions?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• The October issue should have come out yesterday (Thursday), but no one's received it in the post yet. It'll probably be in WH Smith's and other places which sell magazines in the next couple of days.
  • That is hard, I've never been able to find it there. Does the airport have a Borders? I live in Stirling and get it from WHSmith's. How often does she go to Glasgow? She could get it from Borders (Buchan Street) or WHSmith (Argyll Street) or there is Glasgow Fort (it has a HUGE Borders.) Failing that, she could get it by subscription or would WHSmith order it for her?
  • Wasn't in WHSmith this morning Jay. I'm starting to suspect a missed deadline . . .
  • edited September 2008
    It was in the Nottingham W H Smith this morning Stirling. I picked it up to look at it, but it was in a plastic bag again.
  • Typical.

Just seen the cover star is Neil Gaiman (looking forward to that). I'll have to put it on hold though, I've £20 to last me until I get my student loan a week monday.
  • Hope there will not be any delays in paying student loans this year.
    There was a report on our local news earlier in the week saying the EMA (the £30 a week to get students to stay on and go to college) are late and colleges are making loans in some cases.
    Very worrying.
  • I hope not, I'm relying on it for bills due that week and books etc . . .
  • Misty, when it is available (usually a day behind the rest of the country as far as I can gather!), it can be picked up from WH Smiths (of which there are loads) or Borders (Fort Retail Park).
    If you want to whisper me the area in which she is looking I can probably direct you to the nearest outlet (used to live there and still visit quite regularly)
  • Fort is amazing, worth a trip there anytime.

I should think I'll be all right, student loans are paid by the Student Loans Company and EMA's by the LEA. If all else fails, I'll have to beg the boss!
  • Well you will be all right then.
    They should have got their act together by now, after the problems a few years ago.
  • Yes they should, it's not fair. People will be relying on that money.

I know I'll be all right - I always have (have an interview for a restuarant this week in Stirling, and fingers crossed for my sister getting a job at the Dunblane Hydro too!)