Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short Story Competition

edited May 2014 in Writing
The Alfie Dog Fiction International Short Story Competition has launched today. Full details can be found at http://alfiedog.com/competitions/

First prize is £200 and publication of a collection of short stories by the winning author. The cost of entry is just £1.95 (the download of five stories by different authors on the site). Closing date for entries is 30th September.

Comments

• This sounds excellent - have bookmarked and will definitely enter! Thanks, Mutley.
  • Lizy could enter this one.
  • Lizy could enter this one.
    ??

• edited May 2014
    It isn't a UK only competition, so she'd be able to enter this one - if she wanted too.:)
  • Get writing folks.
  • Fantastic prize. I'm sharpening my pencils and my brain for this one.
  • Found it! (Forgot I had bookmarked it... going senile) 8-}
  • Beat me to it - the thread, not the senility.
  • This sounds excellent - have bookmarked and will definitely enter! Thanks, Mutley.
    Working on my entry now - then suddenly realised that as I'm not a prolific short story writer, I have nothing like enough good stories for a collection. So, because if one is going to enter a competition, one has to be optimistic, I am now also working to expand my short story portfolio... got an awfully long way to go but want to rise to the challenge!

:-SS