Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Cornbury Festival

edited July 2015 in - Writing Tales
I don't know if any of you are based in or near Oxfordshire, but I've been lucky enough to be asked to read some of my short stories at the Cornbury Festival in a couple of weeks. It's mainly a music festival so I don't know whether I might end up reading to an audience of empty chairs, but it's very exciting (and a bit terrifying) all the same. I think I'll be on on Saturday morning but I haven't had that confirmed yet.

If you click here you can see the full line-up - it's tiny text but I'm way down the list on The Other Stage. http://www.cornburyfestival.com/custom-content/uploads/2013/02/CMF2015_FinalPoster-JPG-Website.jpg

Very surreal to see my name on a poster that also includes Tom Jones, Lulu, and Chas & Dave!

Comments

• Congratulations, danfango. Make sure you get photos so we can see. :)
  • I put a post on here earlier and it seems to have disappeared. Well done. Good luck. Hope you dont get stage fright.
  • Gosh that is some line up there! Congratulations, Dan.
  • Enjoy your moment of fame - hope you get a good audience
  • I am sure it will go singingly. ;)
  • Thanks, everyone. It's all come about through a friend of a friend and at first it sounded quite low-key. Obviously since then I've seen the other people on the bill and realised I may be punching way above my weight. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine. Gulp.
  • Hope it goes well. If you get Sir Tom's overspill crowd there might be some knickers flying.
  • Oh, I think Dan will get his own share of knickers!

Good luck Dan - sounds great!
  • edited July 2015
    Love the poster. Where's Cornbury? Okay Chipping Norton. What's your real name? I can't see Dan Fango on the bill.
  • That sounds so exciting - enjoy every minute!
  • Sorry, Patricia - I forgot about the whole "real name" thing. I'm Dan Purdue; a long way off being one of the big names on the poster but I am on there I promise!

I will report back regarding any occurrence of airborne knickers! To be honest I'd be happy to get through it without anybody throwing anything at me. :)
  • Well done, Dan. Sounds fantastic. Hope you, and your audience, have an absolute ball.
  • Wow, good luck, Dan!
  • (The poster is gorgeous, can you get a copy? you could hang it on your wall, laminated and tell your grandchildren you were on the same bill as Tom Jones! I saw you!)
  • Just looked it up. Great poster. Well done Dan. Good Luck!
  • (The poster is gorgeous, can you get a copy? you could hang it on your wall, laminated and tell your grandchildren you were on the same bill as Tom Jones! I saw you!)
    I'm determined to get a copy! I've emailed the organisers to ask for one. Even if they can send a high-resolution version of the file I can get it professionally printed myself. It's very strange and exciting being on the same bit of paper as Sir Tom!

• He could be thinking the same about you!
  • Wowee, Dan! Utterly brilliant. I'm sure you will have a blast!

I can lend you some tie dye...
  • So how was the festival Fang?