Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's In July 2016's Writing Magazines?

edited May 2016 in - WM and WN
Who's in July 2016's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 2nd/3rd June so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• Mine arrived this afternoon; was pleasantly surprised.
  • Mine also arrived this afternoon. Going to sit in the garden and have a look through it.
  • Haven't spotted any TBers yet but I am very, very pleased to see a client has done extremely well in the mag's 'Self-Publishing Awards'.

Interesting new column by Piers Blofeld – remember him?
  • I have my copy too. Only flicked through - haven't spotted any TBers yet.

Is Blofeld the chap who did the film thingy, saying why he rejected submissions based on covering letters?
  • Oh, I liked him.
  • Mine came yesterday and I've only had a quick leaf through. Haven't spotted any tber's either.
    Didn't the Blofeld column start in last month's issue? I shall be interested to read ongoing columns by him.
  • Still waiting. :(

• Interesting new column by Piers Blofeld – remember him?
    Just read it. Not impressed. Might have to send him a rejection letter.

• I'm still waiting and the post has been. :(
  • I like Maggie O'Farrels hairstyle on the cover. Do you think it would suit me? (My hair is currently exactly that colour)
  • I was thinking how much she looks like you.. In fact, I thought it was you using your pseudonym.
  • I like Maggie O'Farrels hairstyle on the cover. Do you think it would suit me? (My hair is currently exactly that colour)
    I can't decide. Why not try it on just one side?
  • Post arrived, no magazine. :(
  • Oh dear...
  • Post has arrived, still no magazine. :((
  • Oh no! Carol how annoying. Is it usually late? A word in Webbo's "shell like" may be needed.
  • Perhaps it's lost in the post?

• Even if I don't get it the first day or two it's always turned up by the Friday.

As it hadn't arrived yesterday either, I expected it today. Got lots of other post too, but no WM. :(

Will wait for Monday's post, then ring up if it hasn't turned up.

• If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'll be on the phone.
  • It must be lost in the post.
  • edited June 2016
    Still not arrived, so I'm going to ring up.
  • Poor Webbo...
  • Webbo was safe. But the nice lady in the subscriptions department is getting a replacement copy sent out. :)
  • Have you checked in the ivy?

Oh no. The ivy's not there.
  • I see a theme going on here.

Our daily local newspaper hadn't arrived (again, and it happens on a Wednesday or Thursday usually), so rang up the subscription department, who told me there was a delay in my area and it would be running late.

So late it hasn't turned up... :(

Will be making a note to check it not on my bill.
  • My replacement copy has arrived. :)
  • Hurrah!!
  • I can now read all the interesting articles I've been hearing about.

(Sadly yesterday's newspaper never arrived, but today's did eventually.)
    I can't decide. Why not try it on just one side?

Or even just a fringe to see how you get on? All the rest could be shaved off so you can focus on how your fringe looks.
  • Too late. She's had the chop.
  • Yep. Done it.

Do you think I should now be Phot's O'Moll?
  • No! It suits you more than her. Let her change her name.
  • I would cut 'her' face out of the cover, pop in yours and frame it.
  • That won't happen. She's not wearing purple.
  • You are forgetting the power of Sharpies, Baggy.
  • I think Webbo should put PM on the cover, sharpish. No need for Sharpies here.