Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's In August 2016's Writing Magazines?

edited July 2016 in - WM and WN
Who's in August 2016's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 7th July so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• Has anyone received their copy yet?
  • Can't wait to file it with the others that I haven't read!
  • Not got mine yet.
  • Nothing here.
  • The WM office got their copy as they posted the cover up on Facebook this morning.

I do get annoyed when you subscribe to a magazine so you can get it a few days earlier, but you don't get it until it's out on the shelves in stores. :-w

I'd been looking forward to curling up on the sofa with the August issue...
  • edited July 2016

"I do get annoyed when you subscribe to a magazine so you can get it a few days earlier, but you don't get it until it's out on the shelves in stores."

I agree Carol. I thought that was one of the benefits of being a subscriber.

• Doesn't seem to apply any more. :(
  • "The deliveries are handled by each of our publishing partners. The great thing about a subscription is that in most cases you will receive the issue before it goes on sale in the shops!"
  • edited July 2016
    It's got worse this last few months.

Last month, my issue never turned up, but the replacement copy arrived within two days of my contacting the subs department.

Previously you could guarantee it arriving Tuesday, then it became Tuesday/Wednesday. Now it's often the day it comes out in the shops.
  • I think we need to bring Webbo into the conversation. I know it's out of his control, in theory, but he should know what's (not) happening.
  • As we have the magazine thread we can see what's happening.

I'm beginning to think that they are not being sent out at the same time but in batches.
  • I've just looked back over the past months and apart from an occasional early delivery to one TBer here or there, the main bulk on here are arriving on the day it's in the shops (Thursday) or the day after- and that's for UK mainland TB's.
  • edited July 2016
    Nothing today.

"On Sale: 07 Jul 2016".
  • :(

Our post doesn't arrive until late morning.
  • I tried to flag this up for Webbo's attention but it won't let me. :(
  • Post has just arrived and mine isn't in it either. :(

We can try private messaging Webbo.
  • I posted on the mag's Facebook page. Go on, Carol. You PM him. It's your thread.
  • I've PM'd Webbo, explained the problem.

I've pointed him to the Who's in threads so he can see for himself how late they've been arriving. And asked for someone to find out what's happening.
  • Well done, Carol. Hope you were tough with him.
  • Hello all, we've uncovered a slight delay at the printers that nobody thought to tell us about until we asked. The issues were sent out on Tuesday, so I'd expect them to be with you today in most of the UK at least.
    Sorry about this. It's something we don't have quite the control over that we'd like, but obviously we'll be having stern words to ensure those subscriber copies do reach you before it's available in the shops.
  • Go for it, Webbo. Tell 'em.
  • *Subscribes to Writers' Forum*
  • Mine arrived today! Haven't had chance to open it yet though.
  • Mine's just arrived.
  • It's a conspiracy!
  • At least two have received their magazine.
  • Mine is here!
  • Mine has arrived (in the Republic of Ireland).

=D>
  • All we need now is for Mrs Bear to say her's has arrived too. :(
  • Or Nena...
  • Not wishing to rub it in, but I've had a quick leaf through and spotted a couple of names.
  • Just got in and mine was on the mat waiting for me.
  • Mine has arrived.
  • Which story comp results are in this time?
  • Humour, heather.

Seems that my hilarious tale got lost in the post...
  • Thanks. Mine too then
  • Mine's arrived! Spotted some TBers!
  • I'm hoping my copy arrives before I got out.
  • Mine arrived yesterday, after I threatened Webbo with Writers' Forum
  • 'Writers' Forum'... like 'Voldemort' to Hogwarts, words which are never uttered in the WM offices.
  • Mine arrived on the 6th, but I didn't like to brag.
  • Mine arrived yesterday, after I threatened Webbo with Writers' Forum
    I'm surprised he didn't sign you up for a subscription. Anything for a bit of peace and quiet...