Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Fantasy Freebie

edited July 2016 in - Reading
If anyone likes fantasy novels, my ebook, Discord's Child, is free on Smashwords until the end of July. Here's the link: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ksdearsley.

I don't think I'll ever have a bestseller. I hate self-promotion, even when I'm offering something free–too many lectures from my Nana when I was a child about not boasting. I keep expecting someone to tell me I shouldn't show off.

Comments

• Hi Kay.
    Your nanna was wrong. They're only good for baking apple pies and dabbing tears from eyes. (woops, sorry) No way known is a bit of self-promotion showing off in a forum such as this. I am sure most of us would see it as an accomplishment. For those of us who have written, and not necessarily published, a novel, we know the amount of work (and sacrifice) involved. I will look at the link and suss your novel. I'm not much for fantasy (well, not reading, anyway) but I'll have a look and post back. There is a catch though: you'll have to check mine when it's released, but I won't say too much about that because it would be 'showing off'. :-SS
    Cheers,
    P
  • Well, TBers, no catch there. Got it on my Kindle. Dear Kayess could have let us know it's a mammoth 110,000 word PLUS. So, I made the commitment; now I gotta honour it.
    And Kaye. Man from U.N.C.L.E? I used to IDOLISE Illya Kuriakin (or however one spells it!
    I'm not THAT old though; I've just watched the replays!!
    P
  • As long as it doesn't feel like 220,000 words! Perhaps I should have scattered pix of Illya Kuriakin throughout.