Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in September 2016's Writing Magazines?

edited August 2016 in - WM and WN
Who's in September 2016's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 4th August so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• Fingers crossed for arrival Wednesday.
  • Oh dear - I'm really falling behind with my mag reading - I haven't finished July or September yet... so many other writing related projects on the go!
  • Lots of TBers spotted! Lots!
  • Well done all whoever you are!
  • Mine's arrived.
  • Well I thought I was in there, but apparently not. Bum clouds.
  • Got it!

Lots of lovely TBers get a mention...
  • I might get out my Sharpie this month and make note of a few writing opportunities.

I say that every month...
  • I've only spotted three after a quick flick through but maybe that's because I don't know many tbers' real names?

*ponders whether that apostrophe is correct*
  • Well I thought I was in there, but apparently not. Bum clouds.
    Next month!

• Bit like jam...
  • Next month!
    Huzzah! Cheers, me old mucker! :)
  • So in answer to the original thread...

...not me :P
  • Mine's arrived. Going to have a look through it when I have my afternoon cuppa.
  • See br, I told you it would be next month. :)

Had a dentist appointment so no time to look for other TBers. :)
  • Still haven't received mine *sigh*
  • Spotted one, so far.
  • Mine arrived today. Just about to read it while waiting for the plumber to get back in touch.
  • I have my mug shot on p11 - short listed in competition. I recognise one other TBer on there too.
  • Well done, sallyj!
    Which comp was that?
  • Well done Sallyj. :)
  • Yep - spotted you, Sally - congratulations!
  • Well done, Sally. Just spotted you! :-)
  • Congrats on the shortlisting, Sally :)
  • Yes, saw that, Sally. Very well done to you!
  • Hopefully the latest issue will have reached my friendly neighbourhood newsagents by tomorrow lunchtime. But I'm fairly sure I've bagged a spot on page 11 as well.

Congratulations, Sally! See you at the party?
  • Well done, danfango and sallyj.
  • But I'm fairly sure I've bagged a spot on page 11 as well.

;)
  • You'll find me grinning out at you from page 47. Simon Whaley was kind enough to include my thoughts on Swanwick in his article.
  • Congratulations, montholon and danfango.

Good to see Talkbackers upholding the tradition of mentions. :)
  • Congratulations, montholon!
  • My lips are sealed, Dan, until I know you have your copy. Saw you, Montholon. Well done!
  • Oh gawd, with you Claudia, magazines piling up in the hallway. Haven't taken wrapper off yet but congrats Montholon, Sally, Dan.
  • edited August 2016
    Well done dan and montholon!
    Still waiting for someone to tell me which comp it was that sallyj and dan are in for.
  • Not got yours yet, heather? :-B
  • Thanks Dan - that looks like an excellent competition and prize. Enjoy the party!!

TN - I don't subscribe any more (sorry Webbo!). I will get my mum's copy on Saturday but am far too impatient to wait for that. :)
  • Had another look and found more TBers - possibly the best month ever...?

Pity about Mandy Baggott... :O
  • Pity about Mandy Baggott... :O
    Oh god, what have we done?
  • edited August 2016
    It should be Baggot - I noticed because my name's usually spelt Baggot and it should be Baggott. I always have a double G & T and she doesn't.

I wouldn't worry. If the Society of Authors can get away with Tracey Chevalier, you have nothing to fear.
  • Speaking of the issue, if I want to ask the crime expert a question how do I go about it? Do I email and which address?
  • Thanks BB - it's probably our familiarity with your spelling wot dun it!

Just email it to me please Doglover, [email protected]
  • Thanks, Webbo. Will do!
  • edited August 2016
    I always have a double G & T and she doesn't.
    Please drink responsibly, everyone. Even when celebrating an issue full of TBers.

I now have a copy of the magazine in my sweaty paws. As usual, the WH Smith near me tried to hide it behind about 400 different adult colouring magazines, but I got there in the end. The thrill of the hunt, and all that.

And, yes, I'm definitely one of the lucky line-up on p11.

• Congratulations, Sally! See you at the party?
    Congratulations to you too, Dan. Yes, looking forward to meeting you at the party!

And well done to Monothlon too!

• My question about police interviews is featured in 'Behind The Tape' on page 75.
  • Well done dan, montholon and sallyj
  • Well done Dan, Montholon and Kado! :)

Still at least one more to go... :-\"