Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Subscription renewal

edited October 2016 in - WM and WN
I renewed my subscription online on 7th September. I had a letter yesterday saying it's going to run out if I don't renew quickly; and now there's a message at the top of the screen saying the same thing. Yet if I go to my details, it's there, in glorious WM technicolour - renewal acknowledged.

I always thought the two log-ins were different: they have different passwords. So how does the TB log-in trigger a reminder about the subscription? 'Tis a puzzle.

Comments

• Someone needs to call Webbo. Or Webbo's subscription assistant.

:)]
  • edited October 2016
    Odder still:
    In my subscription section, it acknowledges the card payment online with start issue being Nov 16.
    Under a different order number, it says payment by cheque, to start 1/12/16. I may have someone else's reminder. I have emailed the subscriptions department.
  • *waits for notification that subscription has expired*
  • Paying quarterly by DD might be better, Mrs B.

*hears stable door fluttering in the breeze*

<):)
  • Wasn't there a special offer out recently?
  • Complicated by being in France, BB. Anyway, I did my bit - it's their end of the matter that's gone doolally.

dora, 13 months for the price of 12. I signed up for that.
  • Webbos of any description don't seem to be around any more. Except to remove spam. I haven't had replies to any of my queries. Perhaps you don't get one if you aren't a subscriber?
  • I miss him. He never pops in, he never writes...
  • I do, too.
  • He doesn't care about us any more. We're adrift, rudderless, on a Talkback sea. Perhaps we aren't writerly enough for him. Perhaps he's busy. Well, we can be busy too, and then where will he be?

I've just received my copy of WM, by the way. Whoever it is whose subscription is mixed up with mine won't know until they don't get January's. The message is still at the top of the screen today.
  • *bangs head on desk* Had a response from the subscription people. They confirm the start of my renewal from the January 17 edition. This is not my renewal: mine started with this month's edition. The January one is the rogue one. Will be contacting them again today.
  • edited October 2016
    Webbos of any description don't seem to be around any more. Except to remove spam. I haven't had replies to any of my queries. Perhaps you don't get one if you aren't a subscriber?
    Sorry I'm not more active in TB but I do pop in when I can! Have you asked me things on here or by email, Liz?

Thanks for pursuing that Mrs B. I hope they can sort out whose missing renewal that is.
  • :) Here! But my brain does not store anything at all so couldn't tell you what it was, so probably not important enough to need to go back and see.
  • Emailed them again today to say they'd got it wrong; then a second copy of this month's mag arrived in the post.
  • I see the second renewal that isn't mine has now been cancelled. I still get the message at the top of this screen saying my renewal is due, though - even though this is not the same log-in as my subscription account and there's nothing to link the two.