Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Wordpress problem

edited November 2016 in - Writing Problems
My wordpress blog has just been suspended because I have 'violated regulations'. But I have no idea what I've done! I've contacted them for an explanation so that I can put it right. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Comments

• No... I have heard of a Blogger one being suspended though and it was because the person had been reported by people who work for Blogger looking for blogs with trash entries to carry advertising - often these false blogs don't make sense. In my friend's case, her prose was so wonderfully obscure to the idiots doing the looking they thought it didn't make sense. It would to you and me.
  • No. I haven't signed into my Wordpress site for a month as I've been busy, so I just signed in.

Had a queue of spam- only four, but that's the first time I've had so much on there. Perhaps you've been hit by lots of spam posts or the advertising bits that Wordpress put on have been repeatedly hit- that was quite common on Blogger at one time and resulted in suspension.
  • Thanks for the replies and you were on the right track with spam, Carol. The response from wordpress was: 'Your site was mistakenly flagged by our automated anti-spam controls. We have reviewed your site and have removed the suspension notice. '
    Panic over!
  • Glad it's been sorted quickly. :)
  • Glad it's sorted, Sally.

It's a bit worrying a blog can just be suspended like that without you having any idea what could be wrong.
  • My friend had hers down for weeks, and it is her business. For no reason whatsoever, no bad language, no spam, merely the fact that people didn't understand some of the words she used so thought it was nonsense.

Sally, as a matter of interest, how did you contact Wordpress, and do you pay for an upgrade to your blog?

I know if you use their free service that getting word to them can be harder.

• Sally, as a matter of interest, how did you contact Wordpress, and do you pay for an upgrade to your blog?

I know if you use their free service that getting word to them can be harder.
    When the suspended message appeared (I was logged into wordpress at the time) it gave me a button to press if I thought my site had been wrongly suspended. I clicked that and a little form appeared for me to fill in & send.
    I don't pay for an upgrade (I use the free wordpress-hosted offering) but I do pay an annual fee to have my own domain name i.e. without 'wordpress' in the web address.
  • Phew, bet that was worrying.