Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

From Story Idea to Reader

edited November 2016 in - Resources
From Story Idea to Reader is 'an accessible guide to writing fiction' which launches today!

http://getbook.at/FSITR

It was written by two TBers :-)

Comments

• Congratulations!
  • Hooray! Good luck with sales. %%-
  • Well done! Out for Christmas ☺
  • Congratulations, PM and Mutley.
  • Hi PM. Hope it does well for you. Any publication is to be commended, but when you enter the huge pool of 'self help' books, you might tap into a ready-to-go market!!
  • Patsy beat me to it. We've been working very hard for the last few months, it's great to see it finally out there. :)
  • I've ordered two paperbacks, one for me, and one to put into the Christmas raffle at the writers club in a few weeks- lots of newer writers there who would find it helpful.
  • Think of all those people who, over the Christmas hols, pick up your book, and think, 'I could do that - I could write'. Happy launch day to you both.
    The things some people will do as an excuse to eat cake!
  • Cake? I've only made book biscuits! How can I have forgotten the cake? *hurries to kitchen*
  • Happy launch day!
  • Love the idea of book biscuits. Good luck with it. See you've got some kindle sales already.
  • Congrats - looks great!
  • It has been the highest pre-orders of any Kindle book that Alfie Dog Fiction has launched, which is quite exciting - to me anyway :)
  • Congratulations to you both. Happy launch day.
  • to me anyway :)
    Not just you! :D
  • Congratulations, Phots Moll and Mutley.
  • edited November 2016
    Congratulations, and well done on your collaboration. Hope you have lots of sales!

Edited to add: did you two 'meet' on talkback?
  • Yes, Claudia - we did.
  • Well done, ladies.
  • Yes, we most certainly did meet through TB and have worked together closely for several years. The book was the natural next step. It's been great and I'm going to miss working with a partner rather than on my own.
  • Yes, Claudia - we did.
    Yes, we most certainly did meet through TB and have worked together closely for several years. The book was the natural next step. It's been great and I'm going to miss working with a partner rather than on my own.
    That's rather wonderful, isn't it? I hope you're going to get something published in Writing Magazine about the book - and the story behind your collaboration.

Talkback doesn't get anything like the publicity it deserves in WM and this seems like a perfect opportunity so trumpet everything that is so brilliant about this forum.
  • I agree Claudia.
  • It deserves a mention. Talkback has created so many positives.
  • We've sent something to subscribers spotlight which we've been told will appear 'in a future issue'.

We've also offered to write an article about co-authoring a book, but haven't heard back about that yet. Personally I think it's an interesting topic, but I admit I could be biased.
  • Jediya would be a good person to contribute to the latter...
  • I've just read the intro on my kindle app - emminently readable, Patsy and Rosemary. Well done.
  • edited December 2016

Talkback doesn't get anything like the publicity it deserves in WM and this seems like a perfect opportunity so trumpet everything that is so brilliant about this forum.
    We should headhunt ourselves and start a spin-off magazine.

• Where would we find the time!
  • There is a tremendous amount of very useful information in you book, PC and RJK.

• Thanks for the kind words about the book. If you could mention it on social media or leave an Amazon review that will be HUGELY appreciated.
  • I'm hoping to start reading it later today PM, after I've got the last few pieces written up for the writers' club magazine- I have a deadline to meet.
  • Yes, reviews would be very welcome. Thank you all for your kind comments.
  • edited December 2016
    Wow,
    Look what I got in my Amazon email today:
    LINK REMOVED - NOT WORKING (See below)

Good marketing, PM and Mutley. And 'cause I'm all for sharing, I even purchased a hard copy.
  • Thanks for buying it, PET. I hope you'll enjoy it.

That link didn't work for me, but I'm really intrigued to see the message which prompted you to buy it. Can you do a copy and paste?
  • Thanks PET - yes the link took me to my own mail. It's great that Amazon are promoting it. We're getting very good feedback from those reading it so far. It will be great when we can get some reviews on Amazon too.
  • This is the best I can do, cos I can't transfer the cover image:

We have recommendation for you
    Save on Toys and Games

Amazon.co.uk
    Your Amazon.co.uk Today's Deals See All Departments
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    Hello Paige Elizabeth Turner,

Based on your recent activity, we thought you might be interested in this.
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    by Patsy Collins

Price: £3.99

From Story Idea to Reader is an easily accessible guide to writing fiction. Whether you are brushing up on your writing skills or starting out, this book will take you through the whole process from inspiration ... Read More

Learn more

• Ok, I love being 'thaked'
  • Thak you, motherthaker!
  • I feel I use more than my fair share of letters and am trying to put that right...
  • I've just ordered the book in paperback as a post-Christmas pressie to myself.
  • It will be going in the post today, Claudia. Thank you.
  • Thanks, Mutley - I shall look forward to reading it. Even though I'm not too interested in short story writing these days I'm sure there'll still be plenty of tips related to any sort of writing... hope so anyway!
  • Claudia, you'll find there's so much in it that you'll particularly find useful.
  • I will seriously, without bias, vouch for that. Just refer to my thread, 'Christmas Conundrum'!!
  • Book arrived today - will start to dip into it this evening. :)
  • We are picking up some great 5 star reviews. All very exciting.
  • Thank you for the review PET. I'm so glad people are finding the book useful.