Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's In April 2017's Writing Magazines?

edited March 2017 in - WM and WN
Who's in April 2017's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 2nd March so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    It's arrived, and this issue has the competition guide with it.

• Got mine!
    Lovely to see several familiar names in the shortlist of one of the comps, inc. one very worthy runner-up.

Of course, we have trained them well here at Camp TB.
  • edited March 2017
    Just picked a copy up from Tesco

Erewash Writers mentioned on pages

in the comps issue.

Am truly inspired to get comp writing myself

Ooh yes edited to say just spotted runner up! Well done that Tber.
  • Fab, dora!
  • Yeah, the competition insert is a great feature.
    Also, congrats to all featured!!
  • Excellent TB exposure!
  • Page 41: I'm on the shortlist (Alan Cadman) for the 500-word short story competition.
  • Well done, kado. I spotted you!
  • Congratulations, Kado and Dora.
  • Well done kado and dora!

I assume it's me as the runner-up - unless there is another one - but haven't seen the mag yet!
  • Yay, heather!
  • Well done Kado. Ooh Heather, loved the pregnant vacancy of the ending.
  • Congratulations, Heather!
  • Mine waiting for me when I got home. Not had a chance to open it yet. Will do so this evening.
  • Well done Dora, Kado and Heather!
  • Well done Heather.
  • Well done Kado and Heather.
    Sorry Heather which page are you on?
  • I don't know as I haven't seen the mag yet, but it will be name only. The story is in the Showcase link from the Writing Competitions tab above.
  • Heather

If your story is called 'The Beginning' there's a pic of you, short bio, photo with the story.

Not just name only
  • In the magazine?
    I wasn't expecting that!
  • Yep

*waves to Heather's pic in t'mag*
  • Oh yes read that Heather, but didn't recognise the name. Congratulations!
  • *waves back to dora*
    That's good. I was told it would only be online, but I expect that is the standard email for runners up and they have room for both in the mag with the shorter word limits.
    I can register that for ALCS then!
  • ALCS will be offline from 6pm tonight until Monday morning.
  • congrats Heather and Kado!
  • Have received my copy today, so will have a look later. Will wave in a Breton fashion at dora, Kado and Heather. You have been warned.
  • *waves bobble hat in lieu of beret*
  • Hello, I'm writing from Canada. I entered the Iceland Writers Retreat travel writing competition, and while I know I wasn't the winner, I'm curious about the list of runners-up. Flirting with buying the April issue of the magazine, and wondering if the competitions are mainly for residents of the UK only. Thanks!
  • The competitions are open (unless it's the subscribers only competition obviously)- there's nothing in the rules that say UK only KatieCan. :)

Not sure what you mean when you say 'curious about the list of runners-up'?

• Hi, Katie, and welcome.

If you private message me your name, I will check the shortlist for you.