Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

SUCCESS!

edited June 2017 in Writing
Suffolk Norfolk Life Magazine editor Kevin Davis has published my feature ( with images ) about TW Gaze & Sons the auctioneers of Diss, Norfolk!! Wildlife, characters of interest, things to do, places to go, all confirmed with lovely colour and witty words.

Comments

• Congrats, Pat :)
  • Well done, Patricia!

Do you know that there are two threads where you can post about your successes?

I can't remember the exact titles, but something like:

Anything published?
    Mentions/Shortlistings/Comp. Success
  • Well done!
  • Hope you're all scoring.
  • Well done.
  • The thread is Work being published on ...
  • Well done!
  • Back of the net, Tricia, well done.
  • Thanks all. I'm spreading the word on the ed.'s behalf.
  • AND this afternoon I['ve had another feature accepted for Suffolk Norfolk Life magazine.
  • You're on a roll, Patricia - well done you!
  • Well done, Patricia!
  • You've obviously got Suffolk/Norfolk life of to a tee, Patricia, brilliant!
  • edited July 2017
    Oh definitely. I'm expecting a call from The Timess ed.!
  • Congratulations, Patricia.
  • Encouragement welcome! Thanks all.
  • Well done.
  • Well done.
  • Mistle's comment is spam but I can't flag it on this device.
  • I've done it.
  • edited September 2017
    I'm not so thrilled to have had two rejections, recently. My fault though for sending the proposals late.
  • edited September 2017
    Mistle's comment is spam but I can't flag it on this device.
    Mistle is toast.
    Tam
  • Mistle is toe.
  • Success and rejection are just two sides of a coin, Patricia.

Don't be put off sending proposals at the last minute though. I recently did so and was asked if I could submit the article within two weeks. Maybe the editor had been let down or had extra space to fill I don't know but hopefully if I send this in on time future proposals will be considered, too.
  • edited September 2017
    Another proposal, manuscript and images accepted for Suffolk Norfolk Life Magazine. One of mine is planned for publication in the November issue too.
  • What's your score C2?
  • Suffolk Norfolk Life Magazine editor Kevin Davis has published my feature ( with images ) about TW Gaze & Sons the auctioneers of Diss, Norfolk!! Wildlife, characters of interest, things to do, places to go, all confirmed with lovely colour and witty words.
    Well done, Patricia.

Going slightly off topic but not entirely, when I read the place name Diss in your post, I remembered a print consultant who worked in the same RTO as my husband and I years ago and I'm sure he moved there. Is it a big place? He's called Tony White.
  • Hi Seaview,
    I've yet to hear of Tony White. The population of Diss is approximately, 7,500. They stack around Diss Mere a feature on which is due for publication in Suffolk Norfolk Life Magazine November 2017 issue.
  • What's your score C2?

It has to be 10/10 from me with wildlife, and interesting places to go :)
    This morning, on the news they were talking about the lack of children's knowledge about natural history and botanicals within their own environment.
    As a hobby watercolourist and photographer I'm wondering if I should get in touch with a local news paper or magazine and ask if I could present my work to them in, maybe a 'children's' section or something along those lines. There is so much beauty around us, for instance, sunshine through the closed wings of a butterfly.
    Just finished a painting of a comma feeding on blackberries. The subtle colours are amazing, if you look for them.

• I'd love to see your work, C2.
    Do you post it on Facebook?
  • Good morning TN. No, sorry not on Facebook, but I can give you a link to my paintings if you like. I deleted my first gallery, for some stupid reason, but I have started again.
    I'll PM, you. Give me a moment to put my comma butterfly in.
    Thanks for asking :)
  • Please may I be pm'd too with this link, C2?

Thanks.