Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Back from exile

edited July 2017 in Writing
Hello again fellow TB folk

I have not been on the forum for a wee while but am looking forward to re-engaging again. I've not had an awful lot of opportunity for writing as I've been busy with work, then hols and, recently, helping my daughter and boyfriend move into and decorate/DIY in their new home.

Ooh, and build them a dining table too.

Anyway, after very encouraging words from an agent yesterday, I'm rejuvenated and will be cracking on with my writing.

G

Comments

• 'built them a dining table' wow, impressed.

Welcome back :)
  • edited July 2017
    I hope you were invited to the first meal? Welcome back.
  • Welcome back!
  • What a busy bee :bz

Nice to see you again, Kramer!
  • Good to see you Kramer.
  • hi, Kramer!
  • Welcome back!
  • Good to hear that you haven't been idle, Kramer. Encouragement from an agent? Well done!
  • I hope you were invited to the first meal? Welcome back.
    Not yet! Although they have yet to invite anyone around just yet.
  • Good to hear that you haven't been idle, Kramer. Encouragement from an agent? Well done!
    At current Bradford Literary Festival - they had a "Meet The Agent" event. First chapters had to be emailed in advance once slot had been booked. Her first words to me included "blown away" by the writing....I sort of forgot most of what followed! Thankfully, my wife was with me and picked up the rest. Agent said the chapter "elicited emotion" in her and she had to put it down at one point as part of the tale was too sad for her.

Regrettably, she does not handle my story genre but advised me to look for an agent. I didn't expect that.
  • 'built them a dining table' wow, impressed.

Welcome back :)
    I would post a pic if I knew how to on TB.
  • You can put one on FB now you've been allowed past the drawbridge.
  • Wow, that sounds encouraging in the extreme! Thank goodness your wife was there... you can set your phone to record I think.
  • Wonderful response. :)
  • Huh? Didn't know you were missing! =))
  • Great to see you back, Kramer and good luck with your search for an agent.

• Wibbers, Kramer :)
  • Wibbers, Kramer :)
    Wibbers...???
  • Welcome back :D