Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Red or white to slurp as you write?

edited August 2017 in Writing
Pondering here about what is your favourite tipple when writing?

Definitely red for me.

Cheers!

Comments

• Either. Or port.
  • Tea. I don't drink alcohol. Not any more...
  • Neither when writing. Rose spritzer afterwards.
  • Coffee when writing. Wine at the weekends, and although I prefer rosé, I'm currently drinking white.
  • Not interested in coffee. Unless it's very milky.
  • With the exception of fizz, I don't like wine any more. It would send me to sleep if I drank while writing.
    #lightweight
  • Neither. Not too fond of most wines, the odd Malbec or glass of white being the exception.
    I usually stick to a coffee when writing, occasionally a beer.
  • I like wine - but I drink it after writing, not during.
  • Yes, I have to admit I don't really drink actually WHILE writing. Goodness knows how drivelly it would get. Although I have written after drinking at night before going to bed.
  • My desk is barely large enough for a laptop, a mouse, and a file - anything else would be in danger of getting knocked over.
  • *surveys desk and realises it looks like she's drunk anyway*
  • You don't have to get drunk just cos yr sipping wine. I often just have one (large) glass and that's enough.
  • Red. Australian or Chilean Shiraz, preferably.
  • Although since I tend to write in the morning, any imbibing I do while writing is usually on Facebook in the evening or when commenting on haiku forums and the like...which I guess isn't really a good idea. Although I don't think I've upset anyone yet. :)
  • You don't have to get drunk just cos yr sipping wine. I often just have one (large) glass and that's enough.
    One large glass is MORE than enough to inebriate me, dora.

• And me, Liz!
    I mix mine with soda and rarely get drunk as I hate the sensation, but I am clumsy enough for the proximity of wine and laptop to be inadvisable!
  • edited August 2017
    When dining out I sip wine and then water wine and then water.

Then wine wine wine and then I need to be watered.

*crosses legs and stumbles to the loo*
  • I'm having a really good slurp on the red tonight, just finished my first glass.
  • Not a big wine fan, but if I do it's red. generally i like to have coffee when writing, or else have a couple of beers if it's an evening.
    When I finish a piece and feel like a treat, it's a single glass of a nice malt whisky as a wee toast to myself!