Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Missing Amazon Author Page

edited September 2017 in Writing
Has anyone heard of an Amazon Author Page going missing? My link to the UK one no longer works and the message I get seems to suggest that it no longer exists.

I must admit that for some time I have been very lax at promoting my books which has meant no sales this month. Could that be why?

I dread the thought of starting again... :((

Comments

• Seems to be a common issue. It happened to me. I reported it and it's back now.
  • Oh, phew. Thanks, PM!
  • It also happened to me yesterday, but it's back now. Phew!
  • Thanks, Lou.

I have sent them a message to reinstate it.
  • Very odd. I was worried I'd done something wrong and was being erased!
  • Very odd. I was worried I'd done something wrong and was being erased!

:D

As if!

• I need to check if the One Word Anthology is back on my Serena Lake profile. It was missing.
  • This has prompted me to check my author page - all seems to be in order.
  • Oooh, I have a look at mine.
  • It's there.
  • Amendment: I have had one sale.

My page is still not there.

Error 404
    Looking for something?
    We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

• That's what I had. Bite their ankles and/or ask nicely and they'll put it back.
  • It should come back automatically. Eventually.
  • It's back! I am still an author!!
  • Do you also have a page for IMDB, TN?!
  • That seems to come automatically. How do you get a little thing on a Google search, you know, where a person comes up in a box on your right with a short bio?
  • Both of mine have now disappeared, so I've used the contact form to ask them to reinstate or tell me why they've been removed.

A couple of days ago it was just the One Word Anthology missing off Serena's page, now the name links are showing but nothing happens when you click either of them. :(
  • edited September 2017
    Had an email saying sorry and they've sorted it out- haven't checked yet.

Just checked all has returned to normal.
  • That seems to come automatically. How do you get a little thing on a Google search, you know, where a person comes up in a box on your right with a short bio?
    I did find myself on one of those the other day. But now it doesn't happen!

• You get shown other people you know, but it says 'only you can see this'. And I was shown myself once, but never again.