Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Invitation to Book Busk

edited September 2017 in Writing
Would any talkbackers like to come and read at Bristol litfest? The event is called the Great Book Busk. Writers will be reading from their work at outdoor locations in the harbourside area of Bristol. You can attend as an individual or as a group. If you come by yourself I will put you with a group taking turns to read novel extracts, poems, flash, short stories etc. You can give out tasters of your work. We also hope to run a book stall. All genres welcome. It would be especially good to have some more children's writers. It's on Sat 28th Oct. http://unputdownable.org/the-great-book-busk-281017-11am-2pm/

Comments

• Liz is near Bristol.
  • There's a possiblity I could be in the area then.

Is there a charge to take part?

and

With the book stall, will you take a commission and/or can we just sell our own books to anyone who is interested?
  • Sounds great fun, but alas, I am too much of a scaredy-cat.

I'm sure you'll all have a great time. Enjoy!!
  • Can't risk having things thrown at me, I only have one decent shirt.

• Is there a charge to take part?

and

With the book stall, will you take a commission and/or can we just sell our own books to anyone who is interested?
    There's no charge to take part and no commission taken on book sales (we are waiting to hear if we've been granted a licence for the stall).

TN - you're an actress now, and you do readings. This is much easier.

Carol - Liz will be reading.

• When would you need to know by?
  • End of Sept would be helpful.
  • We would applaud as if we didn't know you, Nell. It would be fun. Bristol is so friendly. The place we are doing it is fun.
  • Let me think about it...
  • Oh, I wish I could come, but I'll be en-route from France back to Ireland on that day. I don't have a book to sell, but I'd love to meet and hear you lot.
  • Let me think about it...
    And me.

• I'd love to meet and hear you lot.
    So would I. You should all roll up in a charabanc.

• Have lots of adult writers on board so far but not so many for the kids slot so I'm happy to say that Kathryn White has just joined us. She's a pretty successful children's writer.
  • No books to sell - yet - but good luck to all of you published writers.
  • Wish it was nearer!
  • I'm in!

I hope I'll get to meet some other TBers there - whether or not they'll be reading something themselves.
  • Which is totally brilliant!
    I might be down at the other end most of the day with the children's writers but we are likely to finish earlier as there aren't so many of us. I'll try to catch you at some point. Those that are still around can meet up for a drink in the Watershed afterwards.
  • And Patsy we do now have permission for the book stall.
  • Yay! (Hope it's a strong table)