Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Help!

edited October 2017 in Writing
My emails have been going to my husband's inbox since yesterday.

We have a BT hub - could the wires become crossed? Yes, I know it's 'wireless' but you know what I mean.

Comments

• Shouldn't do. Check your settings in case you've inadvertantly linked them.

If you haven't then report the issue.
  • Have they also been going where they are meant to?
  • How can your emails go to another person's inbox? You presumably have a completely separate account with a separate password. He should not be able to access your account, nor you his. You need to raise this with BT.
  • If you are in the same BT account it might be that your emails are being diverted to his. I have several addresses that are all sent to one inbox. I'm not with BT but I go into settings to activate it.
  • I followed carols advice and found an obscurespot in settings where a box referring to forwarding was ticked. How the hell that happened is s mystery but i unticked it. Baggy, could you send me a message tomorrow to test it, please?
    If that doesn't work
  • Well that's not going to work either. I sent an email to magic owl.from my other email address and its turned up in Don's inbox. I am buggered whatever i do. And tomorrow i have mum so i can't deal with BT.
    Excuse me while i scream.
  • Hi Liz,

Katie here. I just sent you a message via messenger on Facebook. Hope I got the right Liz!

Thanks to Mutley for all the nice things she's said. :)
  • Hi stranger! :-h
  • Hello! :-h
  • Thanks Nena/Katie, I did get your FB message - isn't the internet a wondrously complicated thing?!!
    I shall reply properly tomorrow - today is family day and I'm just popping in between peeling veg and the imminent arrival of a small granddaughter, and while Mum is asleep.

To all you who answered my cry for help, thank you.
    Eventually, after HOURS of worry, I deleted lots from my inbox, which seems to have done the trick.
    Why my emails went to OH remains a mystery.
  • Lizy, is your OH's email down as your recovery email- in the event you get locked out of yours?
  • edited October 2017
    I hope you delete all mine as soon as you've read them Lizy. ;))
  • Lizy, is your OH's email down as your recovery email- in the event you get locked out of yours?
    Don't think so - how do I check that?

• I hope you delete all mine as soon as you've read them Lizy. ;))
    Ooh 'eck! *blushes*
  • Lizy said: Don't think so - how do I check that?

When you set up the email account you would have been asked for an alternate email address in case you need to receive a code for unlocking your email, or to regain control when reporting your email has been taken control of by someone else etc.

It allows the provider to contact you by the alternative email address.
  • I understand that, Carol. Would it be hidden in settings?
  • I understand that, Carol. Would it be hidden in settings?
    Might be in your BT account details. So you'd have to sign into that and check what is there.