Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Whoopee!

edited October 2017 in Writing
'Mere Beauty' a feature written by me published in Suffolk Norfolk Life Magazine ... and a cheque arrived in the post today!!!!

Comments

• Well done, Patricia!
    I think you could write the Suffolk Norfolk Life Magazine single handed!
  • edited October 2017
    And in time to get it registered for ALCS too.

Well done.
  • Thanks all. Happy writing!
  • Well done, Patricia!
  • Fantasma! Nina Tucknott Editor of Flora International has just accepted a floral design of mine for the next Autumn issue. I used rhubarb leaves, red chrysanthemums, creamy coloured gerbera and lots of hedgerow fruits.
  • C2C2
    edited October 2017
    Rhubarb leaves can be very beautiful, I want some big ones next year to layer with a cement mix, when they're dry the indentation of the leaf ribbing in the cement and the shape will make lovely stepping stones for the garden path...hopefully :)

Congratulations, Tricia.
  • Hey C2 what a super idea!
  • This idea came when I wanted to make a natural looking leaf button using Fimo clay.
    I've yet to try this idea with cement, so I don't know if it will work. Will let you know.
  • Well done on the acceptances and cheque
    Will the rhubarb not react with chemical's in the cement? It should be fascinating to observe and fabulous if it works.
  • The leaf should be ok, I hope. Maybe a Gunnera leaf will be just as good :)