Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Runner up in dark art magazine

edited November 2017 in Writing
Delighted to receive the news last night that I came second in the inaugural Halloween competition of Scryptic Magazine! https://seaviewwarrenpoint.wordpress.com/2017/11/01/scryptic-magazine-a-trip-to-the-dark-side/
Tagged:

Comments

• Congratulations. :)
  • Wonderful, Seaview!
  • Superb, Seaview! The judge's comments are frame-worthy.
  • It's fabulous, Seaview, congratulations!
  • Thanks so much, Caol, Tiny Nell, Claudia and Liz.

Yes, Claudia, a friend said I should keep the "insanely powerful" comment for the back of my book - as I said, my invisible book! :D

Maybe one of these days...sigh
  • Fabulous piece of work, Seaview. Congratulations, well deserved.
  • Well done Seaview!
  • edited November 2017
    Thanks, C2 and Heather. It was lovely when the news went up last night on Scryptic's website. They asked me not to mention it until the results were posted at Halloween but because of the time difference I wasn't sure at what time they would announce it. :-?
  • Thanks, Baggy! :D

marion

Yes, Claudia, a friend said I should keep the "insanely powerful" comment for the back of my book - as I said, my invisible book! :D

Come off it - you have some fabulous, wonderful poems. Try sending them to Peter Mortimer at IRON Press- he does haiku.

• Magical. So much in so few words.
  • Great news, Seaview.
  • Congratulations!
  • Delighted to receive the news last night that I came second in the inaugural Halloween competition of Scryptic Magazine! https://seaviewwarrenpoint.wordpress.com/2017/11/01/scryptic-magazine-a-trip-to-the-dark-side/
    Well done!

Come off it - you have some fabulous, wonderful poems. Try sending them to Peter Mortimer at IRON Press- he does haiku.

Interesting, Liz. I have lots of short form poetry published all over the place, but I foolishly haven't been keeping a record because I didn't think I'd ever want to put it together in a collection. What I'd really like to do is combine my artwork and poetry but since that would be an expensive publication to produce, I doubt it'll happen.
  • You could do the cover - he's open to that, and some of his books have B&W line drawings in, which isn't any more expensive than no drawings. Mine has B&W paintings in. You could probably Google a short poe to find out where it was published. Look back through your timeline. Also search your mail with a search consisting of the first line of the poem, or the names f magazines ec you know you have been in.
  • edited November 2017
    Thanks, Liz. That's useful to know. Yes, I would know where to look for some of my short form poetry, since there are a limited amount of journals I have subbed to - especially the biggies that are difficult to get published in. However, recently The Haiku Foundation has been re-running a haiku competition column featured in the Financial Times and last week it had my senryu published that I had no memory of ever having written! :O
  • Well done!
  • edited November 2017
    Was that was a sarcastic 'well done' because I'd forgotten I'd written it, Lizy?! =))