Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

An Open Horror Anthology Call

edited March 2018 in Writing
As I'm back on the writing train I've come across an open call for a new anthology about monsters for the more hideous of writers, it's a paying one($100) called Monsters of Any Kind.

https://www.independentlegions.com/news/open-submissions-monsters-of-any-kind-anthology

I'm having a bop at it.

Comments

• Yikes! Lee's back on the train.

*prays we don't go through any tunnels and all the lights switch off*
  • Nah don't fret, only 9 out of 10 people die horrifically in my stories, there other 1 in ten only suffer or are maimed.
  • Eek!
    I might try to come up with something for this.
  • Do so Claudia. It's always good when other people you know get in. When I was regularly submitting and posting the calls out I ended up sharing pages with many t'backers - takes on the voice from The League of Gentlemen - "This is a local anthology for local people!"
  • Welcome back Lee!
  • Ohh interesting thanks Lee
  • Nah don't fret, only 9 out of 10 people die horrifically in my stories, there other 1 in ten only suffer or are maimed.
    So you go for the happy endings by not having a clean sweep of deaths! ☺
  • Currently editing a horror short story to send out somewhere else. I'll keep this in mind thanks for sharing
  • Same here!
  • Hmm, not sure if post disappeared or I'm going crazy(er)...am happy to read/red pen your story, Jen, if you think it would help?
  • Hmm, not sure if post disappeared or I'm going crazy(er)...am happy to read/red pen your story, Jen, if you think it would help?
    You are so nice :) I'm too scared that it's that bad. I have this problem where I seem to over edit and I'm concerned it's now too fast paced and has no atmosphere. Fiddling with the end at the moment. I could go back and read earliar drafts but I've worked so much on it. I could work on it until I'm happy and take a chance, hoping it's not so bad. It's an old idea, the first story was sent to a magazine with a critique, gave up and then worked on it again.. now years later I'm trying again.
  • I know that feeling, as I'm sure 99% of the people here do. It's bullshit though...not to say that a person's writing can't be bad, but to sat that it's too bad to GET GOOD. You've done more than most by getting a draft done and prodding and poking, REGARDLESS of wether you're 100% happy with it or not (spoiler alert - you never will be!)

Get it finished and send it off to a bunch of beta readers - people you trust to give you honest and constructive feedback.