Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writing Course, April 28, Peterborough

edited April 2018 in Writing
If anyone is attending the course organised by Writing Magazine in Peterborough on April 28, I have just booked and look forward to meeting you.

Comments

• I didn't know WM ran 'physical' courses. I couldn't see anything under Writing Courses at the top of this page.
  • It looks quite interesting, although I'm too far away to attend day courses in the UK.
  • It was mentioned in the newsletter, and on their Facebook page, Claudia.

• Just goes to prove I never read the newsletter or the Facebook page.
  • This looks like it will be really helpful for those starting out, I've met the Writing Mag team out and about. I won't be there (am at an Arvon Course) but I am sure you will not regret it Kramer. Take LOTS of notes - and a bottle of water.
    :D
  • Thanks SilverLinings
    I am hopeful that the course is beneficial. While technically not starting out at writing - I'm 20,000 words into my WIP - I am new to considering myself a "writer" and have no knowledge of being printed, drafts, agents or anything like that. I hope that the course gives me pointers on plotting and character development and, in particular, writing convincing dialogue.
    My writing satchel is ready with notebooks and pens. I will add a bottle of water in the early hours of Saturday before I catch the train!
  • Hope you find it useful, Kramer - do let us know, won't you?
  • Why do you need the water?

Is it to dunk yr jaffa cakes in?

Doesn't the course organiser supply drinks and biccies?
  • Why do you need the water?

Is it to dunk yr jaffa cakes in?

Doesn't the course organiser supply drinks and biccies?
    I'll use the bottle of water to squirt at the lecturers if they are dull and to distract them while I snaffle all the biccies.
  • Did you go, Kramer? Enjoy it?

More importantly, got any Jaffas left?