Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Womag Success

edited December 2008 in - Writing Tales
What a christmas present, just heard I've sold my first ever womag story to The Peoples Friend.

Hadn;t heard from them after submitting a story so sent a query letter. Received an email today, acceptance got lost in the post so they are sending me another one.

Today I'm walking on air.:)

Comments

• wow! What news! What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas!!! Many many congratulations, Niddy!
  • Niddy that is brilliant - well done
  • well done! Great early Xmas pressie as you say.
  • Congratulations Niddy - great news
  • edited December 2008
    Glad to hear your good news, Niddy! You'll enjoy seeing your name and story in print.
  • Well done , Niddy.
    PF are very picky, so are especially hard to get into.
  • That's a wonderful Christmas present Niddy. Well done.
  • Well done, Niddy. Look forward to seeing your story in print so let us know when it appears. Shows it is a good idea to follow up submissions once a reasonable time has elapsed,too.
  • Well done! What's your story about?
  • Congratulations, Niddy! :)
  • Thanks everyone - its called The Rainbow Shed, I'll let you know when its going to be published
  • Congrats, Niddy - that's fantastic news!
  • H U R R A Y F O R O U R N I D D Y

You is a star missus!

congrats.
  • Well done Niddy. Intriguing title! And you've reminded me to give them a chase about 2 of mine they've had for ages.
  • Congratulations Niddy. Great news, great Christmas present!
  • Wonderful news Niddy. Congratulations.
  • As someone who has just sold her first story, I know how you feel - wonderful. Congratulations, I'll look forward to reading it.
  • Well done Niddy!
  • Congratulations! Welcome to the club, Niddy - may this be the first of many.
  • Thanks Stan

ceka - what a great club to be a member of, have already done a couple of rough drafts of rnew stories - keep me out of mischief over the christmas holidays:)
  • Good for you, keep going. And if they ever even hint at a change in a 'returned' story, make that change and send it right back, they very often pick them up second time around. And don't worry if they change titles/names and things - I'm afraid it's just something they do! They'll send you a free copy several weeks ahead of publication date (sneaky preview!) so you can tell everyone which issue it's in and they can go and buy a copy!
  • Congratulations Niddy! :)
  • Does anyone know if Norah McGrath is still the Fiction Editor for TAB/Fiction Feast?

Thanks.
  • Yes. I recently had a story rejected by TAB and her name was on the letter.
  • Thank you littlewanda. Sorry your story was rejected :(
  • edited May 2010
    That's okay. It was my first submission and first rejection! To a paying market, that is.
  • Mine will be the same, to a Womag anyway.

My rejections are flying about with their own little wings this year so I quite expect to get rejected from TAB too. Ho hum. :)
  • Congratulations, Niddy!
  • Could we try to avoid ressurecting old threads as it causes confusion!
  • Yep, a new thread would have been much more sensible in this case...
  • it would in a lot of instances, methinks. There can be a lot of confusion when old threads are revived, if dates aren't checked, and there's also the sad bit, the people on the old threads who are no longer with us.
  • I am quite happy to congratulate Niddy again.

Hurray for Niddy. :)
  • Well done, Niddy. Haven't actually bothered to query a no response from a mag myself. Maybe I should and it will explain what happened. I might have been published and not know it. A lesson for all those like me in your success, Niddy.