Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in February 09's magazines due out 8th January?

edited January 2009 in - WM and WN
Who's in February 2009’s magazines? The magazines are due out on 8th January so DON'T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

Comments

• That time already again.
  • I've not read Jan's mag yet! Give me a chance to catch up!
  • find 15 minutes,that's all it takes to flip through both of them, I promise you. It's all they get from me, anyway! Then they are in an envelope and sent on their way.
  • WF - your worst nightmare!
  • Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • I suspect they are.
  • One day to wait if it arrives on time.
  • Oh good it might be waiting when I get back from the dentist.
  • edited January 2009
    A cheerful thought to keep in your thoughts when the dentist is messing about inside your mouth. :D

Just the mention of dentists makes me feel ill.

So let's get back to magazines, shall we?
  • WF - I've had an email from the editor with an apology.
  • Why did he apologise BB? Have I missed something?
  • Have you received WF this month? Mine arrived in the post yesterday.
  • I don't subscribe to WF but buy it occasionally.
  • They've reprinted several pages from the previous month's issue.
  • I bought the January issue. Thanks BB I won't bother with February.
  • I saw WM in Smiths but it has not arrived yet here I bought WF. The poetry section is much better had a quick flick thro WM in Smiths and not much poetry again this month.
  • I buy WF. WM hasn't arrived yet.
  • Sad news - I'm not in it!!!
  • edited January 2009
    maybe next time?

haven't got my copies yet.
  • Mine has not arrived - come to think of it, I need to renew the subscription.
  • Mine have arrived now.
  • Mine was waiting for me on the mat when I got back from aquarobics, but I have to go out so won't have time to read it until later. :(
  • got mine this morning.
  • I also got mine this morning
  • Me too. Only flicked through yet but spotted an old favourite on the WM letters page....
  • Just received my copy this morning. I'm looking forward to reading it tonight. I never did receive January's copy. I suppose I should ring in and complain but it all seems so late now.

Our mail seems to be very bad just lately. I discovered that my parkinson's disease membership has expired. They assure me they sent more than one reminder. Where is all our post going? It seems that you can't complain either unless you know the date a letter was sent to you.
  • Not so much of the 'old', young Heather! :-) Yes, they've printed a letter of mine on page 82 of Writing Magazine. I started a thread about it on Talkback a few months ago:

http://www.writersnews.co.uk/writers_talkback/comments.php?DiscussionID=73782#Item_1

What I would have done differently (writing)
  • Got mine this morning. Not had a chance to read them yet. :P
  • Saw that Jay well done!
  • I suppose I should have said long-standing favourite, Jay!
    Well done on the letter anyway - I recognised it from the thread.
  • Saw your letter Jay- well done- thought it rung a bell.
    Didn't recognise anyone in WN.
  • Not had my WM/WN yet but had my WF a couple of days ago and noted the duplicated pages. Have not had any success with letters to WM/WN for several years since the change of editors - I simply get a personal reply to my suggestions despite marking them for publication - but I had a letter in WF a couple of months ago (and received a very nice little notebook for my trouble) and this month have a query answered so have a writing book to look forward to.

Jay, you will have to let us into the secret about how to get letters publshed with WN/WN as you seem to have a lot of success in the past year. Well done.
  • Thanks. Luck and persistence?
  • Well done Jay!
  • I am sure there is more to it than luck, Jay.
  • Congrats, Jay. Not spotted anyone else yet, on a quick look through.
  • edited January 2009
    I see Jonathan has appeared as editor in this edition of WM.
    Great to have a few articles on romance writing, and the Eloise James interview/article.
  • Nik Morton of Alicante has had a letter published in each magazine!
  • Congratulations Jay!!
  • Who is Nik Morton?
  • edited January 2009
    I have no idea, but she has one letter in WN and another in WM. I only mentioned it because it's quite an achievement!
  • Oh I see! :)
  • I knew a Nik Morton years back, edited a small press magazine, used lots of my stories ... wonder if it is the same person?
  • Perhaps Jay gets his letters published because the editor dosen't receive many letters- only joking. Well done, Jay. I haven't read the letter yet.
  • http://www.freewebs.com/nikmorton/

Dorothy - his photo is on the above website.
  • Isn't the picture Nik? Is Nik Jay?!
  • Stan, Dorothy commented she knew a Nick Morton- some comments back. Jay has been mentioned btween then and now. :)
  • Nope, I'm not Nik. Or even ich bin nicht Nik.