Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writers and Artists Yearbook 2010

edited March 2009 in - Reading
Is available for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Writers-Artists-Yearbook-2010/dp/1408111276/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238108153&sr=8-1

Should have an interesting article on publishing and the credit crunch/recession.

Comments

• Came out yesterday. I ordered mine last night :-D
  • Oooo

BUT not gonna buy it! I have recently received the 2009 one (don't ask!) and I have access to the online version, so should get everything I need in there. If in doubt, I will go to the bookshop and have a read ;)
  • What online version???
  • There is a sticker on the front of the book, and you go to writersandartistshandbook.com (I think) and put in the code on the sticker. Gives you free access till 2010 I think.
  • huh?! I don't remember that on my 2009 copy
  • I got it on mine! Odd.

D'oh! Just realised my mistake. It is the Writers Handbook. Not the Writers and Artists handbook. Sorry for the confusion. Blame it on the heat.
  • It still hasn't arrived :-(
  • Got home last night to a slip from the royal mail. Apparently the parcel was too big to fit in my letter box. Picked it up from the depot this morning :-D
  • Just bought the 2010 Writers Market one and it looks as though it's going to be extremely useful.
  • I find it can be out of date! 'Brownie' magazine was still listed 2 years after it stopped!
  • Someone at the Winchester Conf pointed out that even when they first come out, these Yearbooks are already 18 months out of date. So if you are submitting, it's always as well to check the publisher's or agent's website first (those of them that have one - they don't all).
  • [quote=ceka]'Brownie' magazine was still listed 2 years after it stopped[/quote]

Oh dear.

It's unfortunate that it can be out of date and you often need to check details like who the current editor is but I think it's an invaluable resource to help you get there.

There are a few articles in it this year that reflect on the current financial climate and it's effects especially on publications and freelancers.