Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

writing a book as a cathartic exercise good idea or not

edited May 2009 in - Reading
Daddy's Little Spy - Isabella Rose's amazing survival against a mother who said she was a witch and offered the child to her warlock as a virgin sacrifice sounds fantasy. So you would think that I'd be safe writing that as a cathartic exercise. Unfortunately my son was so upset at the thought that his grandmother was a witch that he had me tricked into seeing a psychitrist. Against my will I was forced to take tablets -even thought I proved my mother was a witch using wartime newspapers. With psychiatry the idiots definitely rule the asylem. I remembered even more abuse which has taken me a long while to come to terms with and which my son still won't acknowledge is true. So beware if you think writing is cathartic -even if like me you say its fiction faction fantasy if the book is well written like Daddy's and gets great critical acclaim - you can still be in trouble although everyone in the book is long since dead. isabella rose