Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Psst, wanna see some books?

edited June 2009 in - Reading
http://curiousexpeditions.org/?p=78

Some of the most beautiful libraries in the world. Breathtaking.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Absolutely fantastic - thanks for that link. I've managed one on that list - John Ryland's Library, Manchester
  • Holy poop monkeys!
    Some impressive libraries there.
    Now where did I put my library card?
  • Quite a few stunning libraries there, but were all the readers photoshopped out? What's a library without readers?
  • WOW!!!
  • Wonderful libraries and pictures.
  • I loved John Rylands - I was brought up not that far away and went there to research my (history) thesis. There I sat, holding a document signed by Charles I. At the time I thought that the building looked like cathedrals must have done when they were new, but I'm not sure that was quite correct! - but still gorgeous.
  • lovely libraries but with a dreadful empty feel. They would have been better cluttered with readers, as Dudess said. Otherwise, they are nothing but snapshots. And the ceilings! How can you look at books with ceilings like that??? Ceilings need to be empty of images!
  • oh, they wer gorgeous, and to think i ahve been in Dresden and Amsterdam and not visited either library!