Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in August 09's magazines due out 2nd July?

2»

Comments

• Don't be silly. You will always notice - you just train yourself to do nothing about it!
  • edited July 2009
    Just thought I'd mention that "The Boy I Love" (page 48 Writing Magazine) is about a gay man. That isn't mentioned in the article, oddly enough.
  • Haven't ahd time to open my mags, which arrived Friday, yet.
  • heard today from WN that they never did receive the direct debit mandate. So, not going to resubscribe, will pick it up locally if it looks interesting.
  • Do you mean WM Dorothy? (as WN is subscription only)
  • You can receive both Carol by direct debit. I do, eventually, and after all the Tesco staff have had theirs. :)
  • I think it works out cheaper if you pay by direct debit rather than buy from a shop.
  • it does, Jay but as I find so little to read in the magazines (I don't freelance any more so WN is not a lot of use to me) and WM is busy recycling old material, or at least old ideas, and it is read in fifteen minutes tops, I am not much interested in having it all the the time. It's a waste for me. I just pay to send it on to a friend in SA.
  • Finally my magazine has arrived! I shall curl up this afternoon with it.
  • Why? Are you sat near a fire?
  • Perhaps she's had a rethink and is curling up with the postman!
  • I spotted Helena featured prominently in the article about self-publishing.

Also very intrigued to find the feature about Rafe McGregor, as he is (or was until recently) one of our York Writers lot. It's bizarre to open a magazine and go "Hey! I know him!" - but hopefully this won't be the last time :)