Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The Daily Mail's holiday reading list 2009

edited July 2009 in - Reading
The Daily Mail's summer holiday reading list.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-1197887/The-ultimate-summer-holiday-reading-list.html

Comments

• Got to say there is only one on that last that I am interested in reading and that's the new Sarah Waters.
  • Just started it Emma, only 20 pages in and it's grabbed me already. She's so talented.
  • Absolutely nothing there I would consider even second hand. Says a lot about my tastes in books, I expect. David Baldacci has gone so far off the radar of being a 'good or even half way decent' writer it is untrue. Won't touch his even at 99p any more.
  • Nope nothing there I fancy either dorothy. Don't you hate it though when someone you really love reading goes off the boil. Laurel Hamilton did that for me and now I really don't want to read another of her Anita Blake books ever again.
  • yes I do hate it! David Baldacci's early books were terrific, then he got flat out silly. Fall down a hole, oh look, someone has left a ladder here to help me out again, oh look, a coil of rope on the OUTSIDE of the building, oh look a guard's uniform stashed behind a bush ... I mean, come on!
  • I just got fed up with no plot and Anita not seeming to be able to cope with being off her back for more than ten minutes.
  • China Mievilles is very good; read that recently. Updike's is excellent; it's such a shame he's gone now. Got the Sarah Waters and Gillian Flynn tbr (amongst many others).