Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Harrogate Crime Writing Festival- a newspaper report

edited July 2009 in - Reading
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/crimeandthrilerbookreviews/5923950/Harrogate-Crime-Writing-Festival.html

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Thanks, Carol. Interesting article.

I like this bit.

'...Campbell [veteran Guardian crime reporter Duncan Campbell] has a collection of stories about the old lags he’s met over the years that are far too unbelievable to go into one of his novels. My favourite was the bank robber who carried out a stake-out in the poetry section of a library and, in an idle moment, picked up a volume of Christina Rossetti, enjoyed it and wrote down the name for future reference. He was apprehended during a robbery and the police, finding a piece of paper in his pocket with the poet’s name on it, spent some time checking their records for clues as to who this C. Rossetti might be. He got twelve years, but the judge was kind enough to recite “Remember Me When I Am Gone Away” before he sent him down...'

:-)
  • Cheers, Carol.
    Interesting read.
  • Like it Bill, thanks.
    Actually it is good to have such a concise piece about a writing festival.