Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I Pity The Fans

edited August 2009 in - Reading
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1203657/Katie-Price-swine-flu-fears-Star-misses-signing--angry-fans-rip-books.html

She could have at least cancelled earlier.

Comments

• I was going to ask 'Who is Katie Price' but read on and found out. Is she a plastic doll of some kind? she looks totally unnatural !
  • Ceka - that comment made me crack up....
  • She is unnatural (and rather vile!)

I feel so sorry for the fans queuing in the rain. I've torn up one of her books (in Oxfam!) it's quite theraputic. I would like to think I would have still gone to the signing - hey I've gone to work with flu before!
  • Why would you want to spread flu?
  • Pay the bills!
  • Dammit. I left Bournemouth to spend the weekend in Surrey - and still I didn't manage to miss her!
  • If I were a fan and heard my idol was ill and an event was being cancelled (even at short notice), I'd feel sorry for them - not rip the books up. They don't sound like real fans - maybe something cooked up by the press?
  • She likes to cook up a lot of things in the press!

So much for swine flu, she's in the papers today flying off on holiday (how? You can't fly if you've had a cold in the last week) Sounds like she couldn't be arsed to turn up to me!

From the quality of the writing (yes I looked again!) I doubt people are buying this book because of the story!

*Expect more barbed comments over the next few days, I have a very painful infection in my tonsils!
  • Are you a fan then Stirling? Is that why you are so cross about it?
  • Have you tried reading her books?

I'm cross that someone would treat their fans so disparagingly. This is no way to treat people who are paying customers.
  • No I haven't Stirling. I though they were just join-up-the-dots numbers 1-10 type books, didn't realise there was a story in there.

When I saw her, years and years ago on a TV chat show, I thought she was all right, as a person. But I haven't seen anything recent with her in, so can't really comment.
  • You should try (you'll get a laugh!) Then you'll get really irritated that crap like that gets published so maybe not!

I thought it was nasty of her to reveal her recent miscarriage when she and her husband had agreed to keep it secret. As far as I'm concerned she's anti-women.
  • Why didn't the person who wrote the books come and sign them instead?
  • A very good point! (he/she must have a great sense of humour!)
  • Yes I do (have a great sense of humour). I would happily have turned up on Saturday had KP not got me to sign a 'gagging order', so I'm not legally allowed to admit it's me wot wrote it. Oops, I'm in serious trouble now!
  • Thats so funny Kaz!
  • KazKaz
    edited August 2009
    I might get put in 'the cage' to do battle with her new boyfriend - h-help!
  • How's your throat, Stirling? Hope you're better.
  • Still a bit rusty (and seem to be a bit deaf in the left ear!)
  • I seriously wonder what other bits are artificial- I have serious doubts about her brain...
    Her ex-hubby was on The One Show the other evening and he was clearly the more switched on to reality...
  • I hope he gets custody of the kids.