Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Follow us on Twitter

2»

Comments

• I'd have thought that was obvious...;)
  • Oh I bought a Stephen Fry book from the charity shop earlier. Looks good.
  • which one ST?
  • erm let me check...Making History.
  • I meant charity shop.
  • lol oh. It is the Cat Protection one by my doctors. There is an Oxfam closer but this place sells paperbacks for 50p each and they often let you off with a few. The people in there are always nice too which is more than can be said of all the staff at the local Oxfam.
  • Yes, some of them can be less than charitable...
  • whats with the yellow ST?
  • [quote=Carol]Yes, some of them can be less than charitable... [/quote]

Have you had some bad experiences Carol?
  • Not personally Dora, but I've been in some shops and you hear how the staff talk about other people...
  • :)

sorry, but that just tickles me carol.
  • [quote=dora]whats with the yellow ST? [/quote]

Just trying out some Pop Art stuff on some pics so thought I'd try on here. Don't think Warhol wanted complete jaundice though lol.
  • Has your decorating ended up this yellow? :)
  • God no lol. Everything is pure white, like my thoughts, with splashes of vibrant colour for effect, again like my thoughts.
  • Oh I see, you're just waiting for the input of blobs here and there from various sources, and it'll change to .... hmm, I wonder what colour?
  • Wow, writers news on twitter, whatevr next?

I am on twitter, I will check it out.

Hi all, sorry I have been gone again. Hopefully back now and writing.
  • edited October 2009
    Nah Dora kid, it's all planned explosions of colour.
  • Stan2 if he knew me then he would love me. I try not to be his internet stalker but I do love him to bits. he's so lovely. I've read a few of his books and also watch his programs and listen to him on the radio whenever I can. If he weren't gay and I weren't a lesbian then I'd propose marriage!
  • Goodness me! SF seems to constantly turn up on the telly. I like him as Jeeves.
  • Josie he's the only man I would marry too. It doesn't take a genius to work out why he is so adored in this country.
  • The words 'national treasure' do seem appropriate when we talk about Stephen Fry.
  • Agree with that statement. He should be a Knight for services to the English language.
  • Yes I agree Carol :-) I'm doing the twitter thing regularly now but it is in danger of becoming addictive.
  • I find it an effective way of following people like The Saturdays, and I can get all the latest updates without going on the website. Very handy.
  • also if you have a website or blog it's a good way to keep it updated - have a twitter feed.
  • Love Stephen Fry too. He is incredibly intelligent, quick witted, funny, humane... and he has fantastic language skills. Not sure I'd want to marry him tho.. he'd be a great companion but imagine being upstaged at EVERY turn..
  • I already have that Liz, lol. My partner is incredibly genius and it doesn't really matter how clever I am, I'll never be as good.
  • Aaah, but can your partner write brilliant novels? I think not...