Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

From small beginnings...

edited February 2010 in - Writing Tales
Towards the end of last year I found I was working on lots of different articles but not completing any to send off. To make sure I sent off at least something each week I started sending letters and tips to magazines - something I have done off and on for years. This morning I received a cheque for a tip that had been published in one of the magazines. Now, not only was that very pleasant surprise and a boost to funds but it has also made me want to get back to those elusive articles and nail them. One more edit and they are off in the post. I have new ideas bursting to be recorded but that won't happen until I have cleared the air as it were. So hopefully, from small beginnings...

Comments

• Congratulations Wordy. Keep going!

I'm working on an article right now too as well as finally completing the novel! Not helping I'm getting into the end-game with the degree and applying for an MA :D
  • Excellent, Wordy. I should follow your example...

...so why don't I?
  • Go Wordy!
  • Well done, Wordy.

Keep planting those acorns....
  • Sounds great, Wordy... to be feeling good about your writing projects.
  • Good stuff, Wordy. Stick at it!
  • Thanks folks for your good wishes.

I have sent off a few articles since 2010 started. Being snowed in was a great incentive!
  • That's brilliant, Wordy. Well done.
  • Well done, and hopefully more successes.
  • Well done Wordy. Keep at it!
  • Good for you Wordy. :)
  • Congratulations, Wordy! Sounds like your good idea paid off.
  • Well done Wordy!
  • Well done!
  • Thanks for inspiring me, Wordy and well done too!
  • I have enjoyed reading your travel tales on Talkback, Claudia and I hope a wider audience would, too. Talkback is a great place to get a feel for how your work may be looked upon by those who are not immediate friends or family and you have had a positive response from many TBers. Good luck. I appreciate your good wishes, too.
  • Well done, Wordy!
  • Congratulations Wordy!
  • As this post has been brought back to the top I thought I would update it, too. A second short filler item sent off in that fallow period has now made it into print and an article I sent off last summer has made it into print so now have even greater incentive to carry on. To date at least two submissions per month plus more filler items, of course, to keep the flow going.
  • you are on a roll! Keep it going, Wordy! Congrats! All that work is paying off.
  • That's all good news Wordy.
  • Well done, Wordy.