Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Anthology acceptance for June 2009 OWC 'failure'...

edited February 2010 in - Writing Tales
Never give up on your old works as if you have faith in a story, and maybe give it a little rejig, then you never know.

In June 2009's OWC (the 'Halo' one), I tried my hand at supernatural crime with 'FLY BOY'. Red and IG took the plaudits that month, but I rewrote my story and it was soon accepted on American site, SIX SENTENCES, then after another tweak it (somwewhat inevitably!) found a home on TKnC, too. And when PILL HILL PRESS were asking for 'reworks' for their '365 Days of Flash' FLY BOY flew off to America again and landed in this 'daily flash' anthology!

I know I'm not gonna be able to give up the day job, just yet, but it's cool all the same. So another thank you goes to Talkback for the inspiration in the first place. And to top it off nicely I'm joining fellow Talkbacker, Lee Hughes, who also made it into the anthology!
;)
Bottom line: no writing is ever wasted and never give up!

Read more about it (including details of sending a submission yourself as it's still open) here...
http://colburysnewcrimefiction.blogspot.com/2010/02/pill-hill-press-daily-flash-anthology.html

Regards,
Col

Comments