Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short story accepted ...

edited March 2010 in - Writing Tales
By PF - it's my first acceptance this year (along with three 'no' s from WW and a 'rewrite and resend' invitation again from PF. Upward and onward!

Comments

• Wahay ceka!
  • Great news Ceka- congratulations.
  • Congratulations Ceka!
  • Well done!
  • brilliant news!
  • Very pleased for you Ceka :) .
  • That's great news, you've obviously really mastered them
  • Well done, Ceka.
  • Yay for Ceka! When's it out, when's it out? I take it PF is People's Friend?
  • well done! so pleased for you. xx
  • Hurray for ceka :)
  • Congratulations Ceka - can you let us know which issue it will be in. Thanks
  • Wow, great news! Congrats!
  • Congrats, Ceka!
    ;)
  • Great news, Ceka. Hope the re-write one goes OK too.
  • good on yer, ceka
  • Brilliant news, Ceka - congrats!!
  • Well done!
  • Congrats C!! Chuffed for you!
  • well done Ceka!
  • Excellent news!
  • Well done! May you have many more accepted!
  • That's fabulous news. Well done!
  • Congratulations, Ceka. :-)
  • Well done :-)
  • Excellent news!
  • Absolutely Brilliant, my feathered friend. Congratulations
  • Thank you all very much. I still get a huge buzz from getting an acceptance and it's lovely that you've all taken the trouble to cheer me on my way. I've no idea when it'll be out (they've still got at least one of mine accepted over a year ago but not yet published) but yes, I'll stick something on the 'published on ...' fred when I know.
    Thanks again, you lot.
  • ceka, they have four of mine, not one has been published yet (perhaps they think they are that good they are going to publish a special edition with just my stories - yeah I can dream)
  • I think PF do do a fiction type magazine quarterly.
  • How long did they have it before you got a response? They have had one of mine for 6 months now, and when I chased I was told it was now in the editor's intray ( I hope that means it's awaiting the rubber stamp!) Well done, by the way.
  • Aw, that's great Ceka!

I'm still trying!
  • Good news! Well done!

:)
  • Excellent - well done!
  • Cheers again, folks. When Marion accepted it, after only a few weeks (less than four, I think) I did ask her how come that was so fast when she still has a 7-month-held one 'in the queue' - and was it because they were looking out for it (cos of the illustration angle) and she said yes, that was why. So the others are still in the queue!
    Niddy, why don't you e-mail and ask if they've scheduled any of yours yet? I do hope you won't have to wait the SEVEN YEARS I once had to wait between acceptance and publication with a MW story !
  • Well done Ceka - great news. (sorry I'm so late - I'm still 15 pages behind!)
  • Is seven yrs the longest wait between sending a story/article and seeing it published?