Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A Poem a Day

edited March 2010 in - Resources
I thought some may be interested in this for a bit of a challenge

http://readwritepoem.org/blog/2010/03/25/the-official-read-write-poem-napowrimo-challenge-pledge-post/#more-10497

Comments

• Great idea. I have signed the pledge, but can't guarantee I can write a good poem every day. Will the odd rushed rubbish one count???
  • LizLiz
    edited March 2010
    Oooer... not sure I'm up to that! I write very slowly, although I did write a v short poem today. But it was crap.

Box Jellyfish - edited as just realised this is on an open thread... I think...
  • A poem a day
    Keeps the doctor away?
  • A poem a day
    Keeps the dentist in pay.
  • Sorry. I think I've lost the thread already ...
  • I'd find it hard to write a poem a day as I need longer than that. First I get the seed of an idea and let it germinate for a few days, maybe a week, usually longer, then I start writing it, but the first format is rarely the finished poem.
  • Hmmm, I'm undecided.

I might do it unofficially and then I'm not under pressure but have a good aim for the month. I am trying to build up a collection of poetry so this could be the ideal way of doing it.
  • As it typically takes me about 6 months to write a poem, I'm not even going to attempt this...
  • I did sort of try but failed very early on. Spent days perfecting just one poem so gave up trying to write any more! Quality is what counts.
  • I agree. Mind you, on the MA I did I had to write several a week... LOADS more than I normally manage, but that is in an atmosphere of extreme creativity and expectation and inspiration and support.