Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

how to retrieve a scroll?

Any one know how to retrieve a scroll? I received an email with an attachment this morning. The attachment opened with a small screen. I resolved that but when I returned to desk top and tried to open my diary the usual row of icons and the scroll bar was missing.

Comments

• Perhaps when you resolved the other problem you altered something- try looking at the settings you altered (if any). Or try clicking on tools and check the settings.
  • When I read the title of this thread I though it was going to be along the same lines as the 'how do you dock a medieval ship' thread.

How to retrieve a scroll? Dead Sea scroll?

:)
  • Me too, I read How To Retreive a Scroll and thought I was gonna have to gather together a band of Hobbits and Pathfinders and borrow Ceka's Hossmeister General and go adventuring, little bit let down after reading the actual post *sigh*
  • Thank you Carol and Tsk to the rest.
  • edited April 2010
    Chokes on last message. Admits...still in trouble, through tears of frustration. Can't write diary or get on with Biscuit Comp entry. Grrr! Gnash Gnash. Help!
  • have you looked in your Desktop section of the control panel to see if you can restore all settings? I've not had this problem so am wildly guessing. I know how frustrating these things can be, though.
  • Hello Dorothy, Thanks for your message. Hope you are having a pleasant evening. I went to settings and control panel as you suggest but no clues there unfortunately.
  • Are you locked in print preview? It disappears then.
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks Baggy. I will have a look...
    Don't think so. Have called a couple of engineers.
    Problem solved! was in full screen doh!
  • At least it wasn't a major problem...:)
  • LOL! It's always something simple, isn't it?
  • Great news Patricia - I hope that the engineers did not charge you too much.
  • Thanks all, for your kind comments. The leader of my writers' group was able to diagnose the scroll problem and offer the solution! So I did not have to consult the engineers again.
    Wishing you a pleasant day. Patricia
  • Brilliant!