Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A beautifully crafted tale

edited April 2010 in - Writing Tales
Another review of The Dandelion Clock from 'English Tutor' :)

Five stars
"This is a beautifully crafted tale. It's skilfully written, never over-cooked romantic tale. The story remains believable throughout, eloquently evoking the recent past perfectly. You can't help rooting for each of the characters. It's great, it's sweet, it's heart-warming. If you want a decent plot that offers a study in real and tender care and affection, it's here, and done really well. I can't recommend this book highly enough; I adored it and read it at full-speed, whilst wishing it never to be ended."

For the full review, go to

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/1905202784/ref=cm_cr_pr_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Comments

• That's a great review Jay. Well done. :)
  • Good one!
  • Fantastic review!
  • Wow, Jay - that's fantastic! Congratulations.
  • edited April 2010
    A rave review. You must be feeling high. Well done.
    P.S. Do you think the word craft applies well to writing?
    Reminds me of raffia mats. Patricia.
  • definitely the word craft relates to writing. creative = craft. creative people make raffia mats, creative writers craft words.
    lovely review, Jay!
  • Yes, a great review. Such words are music to a writer's ears. Well done, Jay!
  • Oooh, what a beautifully crafted review! Well done Jay, you must be really pleased with that.
  • Thanks, everyone. The review was music to my ears. :)

Actually, All About Sex probably merits the description 'crafted' more than The Dandelion Clock. AAS has over 100 scenes. They weren't written in chronological order so, when I'd finished, I had to put them in the right order and occasionally add a link. Even then I managed to omit a scene - I thought I'd written it, but I hadn't.
  • Excellent, Jay. Nice one.
  • That's a fantastic review, Jay. Well done.
  • Well done Jay. I agree with every word - I couldn't put the book down either. I can't remember when I've been so enthralled.