Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My children's story made the top thirty in the Britwriters Awards!

edited June 2010 in - Writing Tales
I had an email from Britwriters- my story ( they haven't said which one and I entered three) was in the top 30! Yay!!

'Dear Children’s Story Entrant

As you know, the finalists have been announced on the home page of the Brit Writers website, however I am pleased to inform you that your entry into the Children’s Story category was ranked within the top 30 - out of several thousand!

Therefore we are pleased to offer you 2 standard complimentary tickets to attend the awards ceremony which will be held on the evening of 15 July 2010 at the IndigO2, O2 arena, London.

Comments

• Wow well done. What a great email to wake up to. Are you going to the event?
  • Fantastic! Really good news.
  • Wow kateyanne it must be a great story - brilliant news. Congratulations :)
  • That's brilliant, well done Kateyanne.
  • Well done - let your local newspaper(s) know, this is the kind of story that they would be interested in covering.
  • Well done Kateyanne, top 30, fantastic achievement.
  • Do you think so Stan?

ST I hope to go I have just emailed the form for the tickets.
  • Kateyanne, that absolutely wonderful news, congratulations.

I hope you'll go along and report back about the event? :)
  • Our local paper often covers stories about local authors and people who win comps. It's worth a try!
  • edited June 2010
    Well done Kateyanne!
  • Well done!!! Give us a shout when you want peeling rom the ceiling!
  • I'm not at all surprised, but congratulations!!! :D
  • Congratulations Kateyanne :)
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne. That's fantastic news!
  • Wow, kateyanne, that is brilliant, well done! And how exciting to get tickets!
  • Well done, KAteyanne, that's brilliant!
  • hey, what news for a Thursday morning! Kateyanne, congratulations!
  • Well done kateyanne. :)
  • Kateyanne, that is fantastic - well done you. Are you going to the ceremony?
  • Yes Mutley the tickets are first come basis I've emailed my form.
  • Congratulations Kateyanne! Fantastic news!
  • Well it doesn't come as a surprise. You're a brilliant writer and deserve it!

Congrats. JKR watch out! :D
  • Oh. My. God!

We want to hear everything about the ceremony so even though you will be on cloud 9 please remember every detail (though we'll forgive you for being a little hazy if you win!).
  • Wow - great news!
  • Congratulations. Enjoy a great day out.
  • edited June 2010
    Lou I won't win as the finalists have already been decided, but I made the top 30 so I get free tickets.
  • edited June 2010
    In the top 30 out of thousands? Be proud - be very proud, girl! :)
  • Ker-ACKING! Well done that woman! And since nobody else has had a similar e-mail, you're genuinely gooder than many thousands of others. (sticks a little gold star above KA's name)
  • And we can say a TB made it.
  • Way to go!
    That's very impressive indeed, Kateyanne.
    Keep at it.
  • Yes, it's an amazing result to get that far considering how many people entered and what a huge competition it is.
  • I still don't know which book it was for -sent emails asking but not heard.
  • Hello Kateyanne. Well done! :)
  • Well done, Kateyanne. Brilliant!

When/where's the event?
  • It's at the O2 arena on July 15th.
  • Well done, Kateyanne. Your story must have been very good. What was it about?
  • Thanks Dwight I entered three. They haven't told me which one it was yet!
  • Fantastic, congratulations. Well impressed. Make sure you have a great time at the awards - a taste of many more to come.
  • Only just seen this but well done. I bet you are over the moon. :)
  • well done thats a great achievement
  • Well done! You are going, aren't you? (Sorry, I've been skimming.) If so, you will write an article about the event, won't you? :)
  • Hi Jay thanks.
    I still don't know what story this was for. I have emailed them loads of times asking them and still not heard.
    I hope to be going but when I first asked for the tickets I put down my OH as coming but he has to work ( It's a Thursday) so I emailed again asking to change the name to my daughter's name but not heard. It's only 2 weeks away.
  • How fantastic, Kateyanne, well done.
  • Brilliant news, Kateyanne. I'm sure when you arrive it will be easier to find out which story was selected for shortlisting. Until then, don't worry about it, just enjoy the wonderful moments your talented writing has afforded you. Congratulations.
  • Hi kateyanne, (forgive my butting in, I'm a mag-subscriber but a newbie on the site) first of all, congratulations on making it to the top 30! :)
    Can I ask you if you've managed to contact anyone at Brit Writers re the complimentary tickets? (I made it through to the top 30 for novels). I returned the e-mail form, waited a week, rang, was told they were being sent out that day, then nothing. Still no answer to my e-mail and the phone just goes to answerphone. Time is running out for travel/childcare arrangements to be organised. *sigh*
    Any info gratefully received! :)
  • Tell me about it! Same problem here. I have emailed loads of times and tried phoning. I need to know to as it's next week and doesn't leave much time to make plans.
    I would also like to know which of my stories made it in the top 30 as I entered several and have emailed about this too, but they haven't answered that either.
    Well done on making the top 30! Perhaps I'll see you at the ceremony if we ever get our tickets!
  • Kateyanne and sPam can I suggest you e-mail Jonathan Telfer- WM/WN Editor and ask if he has a different contact e-mail than the one you have.
  • Thanks for the help Carol, I'll try that. :)
    kateyanne, yes, let's look on the bright side - I'll see you there! (and we can laugh about the last-minute angst we're going through now) XD
  • Let me know, SPam how that goes.
  • Will do mate! :)