Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

does jbwb editting exits?

NanNan
edited August 2010 in - Writing Tales
so many funny things go on online. I want to be sure jbwb editting is real.
Nancy.

Comments

• May I suggest you prod it with a stick, if it moves, it may well be.

Welcome to talkback.
  • Welcome to Talkback Nan.
  • JBWB - is this the Jacqui Bennett Writers' Bureau? I've never had any dealings with them but they've been established a good while.
    Welcome to TB
  • hello nan. Do you always speak in acronyms? Hope not as I was totally lost there! Welcome.
  • I've used jbwb - good value, I thought.
  • H.A.N.D.
  • H.A.N.D.
    ?
    Have An Other Doughnut?
  • HAND - Stereophonics pinched Stan's saying for the title of one of their tracks ceka
  • HAND means Have a nice day!
  • Hi Liz! I usually don't. Just needed some answers.
    And thanks everyone!
  • I need to edit my manscript. How does jbwb do it?

Nice talking to you guys. I feel this' real.
  • She explains it all on

http://www.jbwb.co.uk/fees.html

I found her service very useful and it is definitely cheaper than some.
  • Looks interesting. Thanks, Rosalie.

And welcome, Nan. Make yourself at home :) .
  • I'm sorry, I may just be being a bit thick here, but every time I see this thread title, it just bugs me - does it say 'editting exits' on purpose, or should that be 'editing exists'?

Do they do that because it stands out and shows that this is the sort of thing they put right, or is it a typo in the thread title? Help me out here, someone! I am already worried about brain-waff, having asked for ice-cream instead of shampoo in the chemist today :rolleyes:
  • You're perfectly in control of your marbles, Mcb; could happen to any of us. And I always presumed it was meant to be exist, since that would make sense and is only one small typo.
  • edited August 2010
    [quote= Dwight]only one small typo. [/quote]

Being picky here, but there is also an extra t in editing!

(The thread title reminds me of the advertisements for proofreading courses.)
  • me too ...
  • [quote=Jenny](The thread title reminds me of the advertisements for proofreading courses.)[/quote]

Me too! That was why I wondered if it was meant to have mistakes in!

Thank you for checking my marble count, Dwight - always a worry when you drop them that you will fail to collect them all in again :rolleyes:
  • Mcb - maybe it was your subconscious suggesting you try ice-cream instead of shampoo!
  • I assumed it was typos- rushing to post and the poster not realising they got their letters wrong.
  • [quote=mcbemused]does it say 'editting exits' on purpose, or should that be 'editing exists'?[/quote]

Only Nan can answer that question.
  • I think you are all being unnecessarily picky about another person's spelling.
  • You're only saying that so you can show off your spelling of unnecessarily :P
  • Bet she had to look it up, Mcb.
  • No, I didn't have to.
  • I only hope she is right because I copied her spelling!:)
  • "she" has no idea if "she" is right or not.
  • Sorry Dora, the comment made more sense before our posts crossed;)
  • Is this spat open to anyone dora and mcb ? ;)
  • It could be an ironic title...
  • Or....maybe Nan suffers fat finger syndrome, a condition used to describe why some people inadvertantly mix up letters in words and don't realise it, like writing dah instead of had, or adding extra letters.
  • edited August 2010
    mmm, not so sure Red. Wouldn't her name be Naan, if the fat finger were the culprit?

edited to say, have just read the last few words of your last sentence.
  • edited August 2010
    I reckon it was Nan's subconcious...

Alternatively Nan could be dyslexic, so such mistakes would be understandable.

We don't want Nan to think we are picking holes for the sake of it, which wouldn't be very nice.
    And we are all very nice despite our tendency to go off at a tangent...
  • It doesn't work like that dora. It just happens. One minute you can spell the word correctly and the next you can fluff the very same word.
  • I did it myself earlier this evening, wrote of instead of on...:)
  • I know what you mean Carol. I often feel I have proofread something well and then, days later, reading the same text over again I see many horrendous errors.
  • Yep, you will always miss something no matter how many times you read it...
  • I should like to point out, in my defence here, that I was not picking holes in Nan's typing - I was merely enquiring if it was a typo, or if the title was correct, being one of those used to get you to read about proof-reading courses, since when the title of the thread is googled in order to find out, the only link is back to this thread... in other words, no offence meant!

I speak as one who lost marks in recent coursework for inadvertently, and heaven only knows why, typing 'inky' instead of 'into'...
  • When I was 11 I was struggling with a geography test where we had to describe a shadoof (an ancient device for getting water out of rivers).

Instead of writing "and it came up full of water", I wrote "it came up full of sympathy".

Luckily I noticed my mistake!
  • I've made myself sound like a simpleton, haven't I?
  • Not at all, Jenny. I think it shows your softer side to good effect ! :)
  • It's a good example of Freudian typing - I've quite often typed the word I've been thinking of subconsciously instead of the actual word. Actually, I'm surprised my manuscripts don't just read "chocolate chocolate chocolate..."
  • I find it very disconcerting when I'm just reading a word and someone says it on TV.
  • Hey Jenny, my daughter finds that, she is a puzzle fanatic and the amount of times she puts a word in a puzzle and someone says it on the radio is incredible!
  • For a split second it makes me wonder whether they can see what I'm reading! :)