Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Climbing the Writing Mountain

edited August 2010 in - Resources
Guest blogger Jackie Marchant invites you to climb the writing mountain with her over on my blog -
http://talltalesandshortstories.blogspot.com/2010/08/guest-blogger-jackie-marchant.html

Tracy :)

Comments

• Another great post, Tracy - yours is a fantastic blog full of inspiration and motivation.

I'd recommend this to all those who were empathising with Nena on the "Down In The Dumps" thread.
  • edited August 2010
    Yes it's an interesting piece. I agree with CC about your blog Tracy and it is one I have reason to revisit.

Thanks.

BTW, is it just me or is anyone else having problems with a slow scroll on the pages on this page of Tracy's blog? (May just be my computer :( ).
  • [quote=dora]BTW, is it just me or is anyone else having problems with a slow scroll on the pages on this page of Tracy's blog? (May just be my computer ).[/quote] - nah, just you and your computer, Dora!

I like to think that we on Talkback are like the mountaineers in this metaphor - all of us roped together so that we can catch those that fall off, and give a leg up to those that are stuggling :)
  • [quote=mcbemused]nah, just you and your computer, Dora![/quote]

shame really, as when I accessed the guardian link, there wasn't any problem :(
  • Hi Dora
    Sorry you're having problems - is it just on this one post or every post?
    What browser do you use?
    And do you have a slow connection?

(Does this sound like I know what I'm talking about?!)
  • Hello Tracy

I don't know about other posts, I haven't been into other parts of your blog, but as I said, when I've been into other links, eg guardian, there isn't any problem. I don't know what browser I use.

Sometimes I do have a slow connection ( not just with regard to my computer :) ) so perhaps it is best, unless anyone else pipes up they're having problems, to not worry too much about this.

Thanks.
  • Thanks for the great post, Tracy. The links in the blog look informative and will be useful in the future if I ever get the novel finished.
  • Dora your browser would be whatever system you are using to access the internet- Windows Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.
    Sometimes I have this problem but it is always intermittent. I just delete the cookies, and if neccesary do a disk clean up to help it run better.
  • A brilliant post - thank you. Just what I need right now.
  • 'And suddenly you are surrounded by other climbers on the same journey as you. They applaud you when you make progress, catch you when you fall.'

These two lines that stood out when I read this. She talks about SCBWI as being her writing community. I don't know SCBWI, but that quote describes talkback perfectly.

Thanks for the link, Tracy - this is one of your best yet.
  • Thanks a lot for this, Tracy! :-)
  • Thanks guys - glad you enjoyed the post.
    I would like to put some of your comments onto my blog, if none of you object - as I think it's important my blog contributors get to see lovely comments like this.
  • The post really cheered me up. Onwards and upwards!
  • [quote=Tracy]I would like to put some of your comments onto my blog, if none of you object [/quote]

I don't know if mine are relevant, but you're welcome to use them.
  • Mine too - if they are helpful.