Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

PF said 'yes' again ...

edited August 2010 in - Writing Tales
All those submissions I've been pinging about the place are bringing home at least some bacon ... PF (after I'd made some requested changes) bought another story from my list yesterday. It really is true that the more you send, the more you are likely to sell ...

Comments

• Well done, goes to show hard work pays off :)
  • Well done Ceka, and good news on the bacon front...:)
  • Well done. I gave up.
  • Well done Ceka.
  • Glad they appreciate you, Ceka!!!
  • Fabby news!
  • Fantastic, Ceka. What's it called, or is that under wraps?
  • Great news, ceka!
  • Well deserved too.
  • Well done ceka!!
  • Well done! :)
  • Brilliant ceka - I look forward to reading it.
  • That's great news, Ceka!
  • Well done Ceka!
  • Good news ceka
  • Congratulations! You've obviously worked out just what suits them.
  • brilliant news, Ceka!
  • Yay, great going!
  • Great news - keep at it while you're on a roll
  • you're on a winning streak at the moment - well done, ceka
  • Well done - good to hear that all your hard work is paying off.
  • Great news Ceka! :)
  • Well done! :)
  • Ceka that's great - well done - and great advice too
  • Well done Ceka that is good news. I had a rejection a couple of weeks ago - 'interesting story but the end was too predictible' I'll have to keep trying.
  • Congratulations, Ceka, great stuff.

You're quite right about perseverance. I was talking to somebody at the workshop I've just been to, who told me she had submitted 30 stories to Take a Break before she had one accepted. It makes my submissions look positively pathetic.
  • well done ceka!
  • Thank you all very much, it's been hard work all this persistent bashing away at the womag market, but it does feel good when among the rejections an acceptance appears!
    Dwight - they never use my titles anyway, or rather once only ('Three Wishes' stayed as that) And this one was for an illustration already done, so I just called it by the illustration name (village store) and leave it to the editor to call it what she wishes.
    Ha! PONY magazine just accepted a story I e-mailed on a wishful thinking moment only a few days ago. I've never been published by them before, so that's another box ticked! I used to love PONY when I was very young and they've only recently started picking up this sort of fiction again. Good: in a world of dwindling short story markets, one has just opened out again.
  • That's good news for you, and anyone else who can write pony related stories. Well done.
  • Well done, Ceka!
  • congrats on yet another sale, Ceka!

Why aren't those on my prodding list being inspired by this to get working? You can't sell if you don't write and submit, you're a living example of how to keep turning out the work and gaining the successes.
  • Congratulations, ceka - thanks for inspiring us!
  • I must thank you all once again - and you lot have been a large part of MY inspiration! Actually, Claudia, I nearly didn't mention the PONY one, cos I reckoned you'd all be getting pissed off with me at the moment. But it's just a lucky streak, you know - I've gone months and months before now with not a single bite from anywhere and so often thought, oh why do I bother ? This pony story was the first serious short story I ever wrote, I think eleven years ago now. I turned to short stories in despair of ever getting any of my novels through the eye of the publishing needle. I still despair of that, but cannot quite give up the addiction ... Persistence does pay, eventually.
    Kick on, everyone!
  • [quote=ceka] I reckoned you'd all be getting pissed off with me at the moment.[/quote]

Isn't it funny how we sometimes wonder about posting our successes on here for fear of sounding smug? I know I do and for that reason I don't always post about the good stuff in my life.
    Yet whenever I read about another tber's success it gives me a happy glow and I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that I've never felt jealous; or pissed off.

So please, please don't ever stop telling us when you have a success, ceka. (And that goes for anyone else reading this post.)

:)
  • Well done, Ceka.
  • It's great to hear of other members successes regular or not.
  • I think ... truthfully, we need the success stories to inspire and encourage us all. OK, I got my book deal but it has been a long time coming (5 years in all!) and I have needed to see that others have in fact sold their books and stories and articles, not to mention ongoing poetry successes (Kateyanne in particular!) to help lift the spirits and think, I can do that!

Keep on posting the good news. It helps to remember that persistence pays off, big time, but you have to actually DO it.
  • That's great, Ceka - I love to hear of other people's success, even if it makes me jealous, because I know it means that there truly is a chance of making it.
  • sorry to nick ceka's thread I'm sure she won't mind

just received an email from People's Friend, my story 'The Rainbow Shed' will be in this weeks issue, this was the first ever womag story I sold so it's a little bit special.
  • Well done Niddy.
  • Well done, Niddy, I'll look out for it.
  • congratulations!
  • That's great news Niddy, will look out for it. Well done.
  • Good on yer, Niddy, I'll go have a read!
  • Well done Niddy!
  • Congratulation Its a great feeling when they say YES
  • ceka, keep posting and telling us, it's the only kick up the bum some of us can get.

niddy, I remember reading and enjoying your story.

well done the pair of you xx
  • Congratulations!
  • Well done, Niddy!