Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Poetry and SciFi/Fantasy workshops in Nottingham

edited August 2010 in - Resources
Sure Webbo won't mind me drawing attention to this learning opportunity.

Anyone who lives in Notts, Derbyshire or Leicestershire would be in reasonable travelling distance to Nottingham City Centre.

Saturday, 18th September 2010
Poetry- Jeremy Duffield: Jeremy is a poet, playwright and short story writer. He has had two poetry collections published, poems in numerous anthologies and has won several national poetry competitions. He is the Chair of the Nottingham Poetry Society.

Saturday, 16th October 2010
Sci Fi/Fantasy- Steve Bowkett - Steve began writing for pleasure when he was 13. He taught secondary English for 20 years and became a full time writer in 1994. He has written Sci Fi and Fantasy for children and (as Ben Leech) a trilogy of Horror novels for adults.

http://www.nottinghamwritersclub.org.uk/courses.html
(full details of what will be covered, and downloadable PDF booking form)

The only cost is a £10 booking fee for the day (10 am to 4 pm)

Numbers are limited by room size and the individual tutors.

Comments

• Thanks for this reminder, Carol. I won't be coming to these, but am keeping an eye on the Nottingham Writers' Club site for future courses, as I thoroughly enjoyed the last one.
  • Now we have the autumn workshops sorted we're looking to next spring and already have a workshop booked.
    Glad you enjoyed the workshop you attended megrose, we've had generally good responses in the feedback we've received for the first three, so hope to keep to this standard in future, and cover different subjects.
    :)