Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Don't get a computer face when writing!

edited September 2010 in - Writing Tales
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1315024/Screens-years-Computer-face-giving-women-jowls-lines.html

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Sure, and it has nothing to do with them being in boring jobs that don't inspire them, poor posture and incredibly high shoes, eye sight problems going unchecked and poor layout of computer stations and probably sitting in a chair that doesn't suit you, or a desk that's the wrong height...
    That was a how to increase the flow of customers to my clinic for botox because they believe that cr*p... (rant over) :)
  • I saw that article too, Kateyanne. It did sound quite worrying, but Carol is right - especially about posture and desk height.
  • the comments were interesting, rubbishing the whole thing. I agree with you, Carol!
  • "A growing number of women are developing something called ‘computer face’, a leading cosmetic surgeon said" yes - in an effort to drum up business to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
  • I have an adjustable chair for the computer with one of these advertised JML backrests- my back does curve in a bit too much so it helps.
    My younger sons have long legs so need the seat higher, while hubby and oldest son with longer legs need it a slight bit lower, while I need it at the lowest level. None of them need the backrest. If I was stuck with the chair at their height I'd be leaning back and forward and screwing my face up.
    Hubby had his eyes tested the other day and the optician told him to either alter the position of his works computer or opt for glasses especially for working at the computer.
    He's waiting for his new glasses...
  • RedRed
    edited September 2010
    Yeah. Right.

So men obviously don't get jowls staring at computers. Or actually age. Amaaaazing. This quack is obvioulsy bypassing the fact that everyone ages, get wrinkles and jowls, bumps, lumps and grey hair and so on, whether they sit in front of a computer or not. What utter tosh. As PM pointed out, a ploy to make stupid vain women rush to him to fill their faces full of toxic crap.
  • What Carol and Red said.

Also does it not worry you that we keep having these studies reported that add nothing at all to our understanding or development as a species? If we need to make cuts could we not cut al the jobs of scientists who spend years working out that being in water makes you wet or stabbing yourself in the eyes can incredibly lead to blindness in some cases.
  • Unfortunately jowls are a family characteristic we've inherited from my Irish antecedents. I have a picture of my great-grandfather as an older man, and his daughter had them, her children too-including my dad, and a few of my brothers have them and they don't use the computer that much to account for it...:)
  • I have the Baggy jowls. I'm trying to reduce them by laying on my back and suspending the monitor over my face. Once I've completed the research, I'll report back.

Of course, it could just be that I have the Baggy jowls.

Oh - and up the Baggies (to all Arsenal fans out there!).
  • the word baggy makes me think of old mens long johns sagging around the bottom area
  • You got it in one! That's the Baggies!
  • The word Baggies makes me think of West Bromwich Albion. Re the computer face - mine's arrived and is well settled in
  • [quote=Betsie]The word Baggies makes me think of West Bromwich Albion[/quote]

They beat Arsenal 2-3 yesterday.
  • Were they wearing long johns AND a computer face?
  • Only in the second half.
  • Has anyone got one yet?
  • Nope, still perfect.
  • edited October 2010
    Here's mine:
    http://fashaddix.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/really-ugly-face.jpg
  • Tht's not you! That's MonkeyNuts!
  • Monkeynuts is bacK?
  • Go to MonkeyNuts's account page!

You must be her twin.