Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Premonitions magazine

edited October 2010 in - Writing Problems
Does anyone know if it's difficult to get stories accepted by this mag? I've just sent off for a back issue to see if it might a suitable target for another horror story that I'm thinking of writing.

Comments

• I think they're more interested in articles and real-life stories DB.
  • This is a horror mag, is there another Premonitions mag (new age?)?
  • Sorry DB I must be thinking of something else - I'm sure there is a glossy called that which is about spirituality, clairvoyance and mysticism.
  • [quote=LilyC]a glossy called that which is about spirituality, clairvoyance and mysticism. [/quote]

Lily - I think one of our daughters used to get that a few years ago.

Maybe it's changed its content rather drastically!
  • isn't that Predictions magazine? the new age one, I mean.

DB,I don't know anything about Premonitions.
  • Yeah I was thinking of Predictions too. Looks like a good mag and one I've never heard of also. The editor is close to you Dorothy as he lives on the Isle of Wight.
  • really? Such talented people live here ...
  • [quote=dorothyd]isn't that Predictions magazine[/quote] - didn't think so. Oh well. Hope you get something positive out of it DB. Let us know how you get on.
  • There's Prediction, which is a glossy clairvoyant/psychic jobbie, the biggest seller in the psychic market, closely followed by Spirit and Destiny and Soul and Spirit, I think the other one is called. Prediction was first on my list to hit with press releases, until the new media rep came along, that is.
  • Thanks, Dorothy. It was Prediction, not Premonitions!!!

I thought it was rather a big swing from spiritual articles to horror stories!
  • yes, way too big - those of us with spiritual horror stories - and I have some of them - don't write about them in magazines, for fear of frightening everyone off.
  • a hint ... John Dee ...