Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Write for Womens' Magazines Workshop with Lynne Hackles

edited October 2010 in Writing
We have a one day workshop that will inspire all who attend to write for the womens' magazine market. Beginners and established writers welcome. It's to be held on 20th November at The Mick Jagger Centre, Dartford. 10 - 4pm. Price £55 includes a hot lunch and lots of refreshments inc. homemade cakes!
Contact me for information: [email protected]

Comments

• Good price for all that's involved. Just wish I was closer.
  • Yes, me too Carol, Cardiff seems a bit low on workshops :-(
  • We get them in Nottingham but they aren't as varied as other parts of the country.
  • don't you just hate people who offer home made cakes when you can't eat them?
  • what's worse is standing in front of the display in Waitrose with Terry going 'I'll have six of those eclairs, two of those fancy ones there...' and I get to carry the box...
  • Just realised this is about a workshop that was held LAST November!
    How did the workshop go, Writebag?
  • is it? I thought it was this coming November.
  • Dorothy, Writebag started this thread in October 2010 and says the workshop is being held on the 20th November, so presumably she meant 20th November 2010?
  • I thought someone had hired Lynne for another workshop when I spotted this thread!
    It went really well and the cakes were great. We had a full house and all delegates left enthused with ideas for new work.
    Why not book Lynne and run your own workshops? She does travel although she is based in the Malvern area. Another great tutor is Jane Wenham Jones for novel and womag writing and Kate Walker for writing Romance.

For thos who want to travel to particular workshops around the country keep an eye on the Travelodge website as they have special offers pop up which can make an overnight stay viable.
  • Writebag our writers' club has started to run workshop in the spring/early summer (this year's tutors are booked) and it always helps to know who might be available to ask for the future- travel distance is usually the deciding issue. Any idea what general areas Jane and Kate are based in?
  • thanks, Claudia, that's me not reading dates properly - again!
  • Same question, where are they based? we are looking for someone to do this years workshop. Lynne Hackles did it last year and we had a great day , really enjoyable and worth it.