Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Childrens book tree

edited December 2010 in - Writing Tales
Nicola Morgan has blogged about this at http://helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com/2010/12/childrens-book-tree.html

In summary, it is a scheme run by Blackwells where deprived children in Edinburgh have requested a book they would like for Christmas in the hope that someone will buy it for them. This is a lovely idea and if you have a little spare cash (yes, I know) it would be great if, as writers, we could encourage as many children as possible in their love of books. You can do it over the phone, if you're interested.

(Sorry about category choice - there never seems to be one that suits what I want to post!)

Comments

• What a great idea. Thanks, Heather.
  • Aww, that's a fantastic idea! I'll do that. Thanks heather.
  • Very nice lady, thrilled to be selling so many books this morning! I got one for my son to give, one for my daughter and one for me, a boy's book (Aquila 2, I asked if I could give Aquila by Andrew Norris and a little lad had requested it) and I let her choose the others. You get a gift certificate sent through email and you can then give them to people for Christmas.
  • Lovely, liz. :)
  • It's a great idea.
  • I've put it up on Facebook with a link to the blog as well Heather.
  • Thank you, liz.
    The more people who know about it the better.