Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Daily Challenge - what have you seen today?

Comments

• [quote=red-lucy]PLEASE LOOK IN A MIRROR [/quote]

Front, back and side views!
  • edited March 2011
    And wear BIG knickers, NOT a thong - every thing can be seen!!!!!!

Anyway, today i saw my youngest grandson's reaction to his first ladybird and butterfly. he was so cute (2y 4m). Later he entertained his mum and I as he dressed up whilst we were clearing some of the stuff from mum's flat (that's easier than her room at the home, as she hasn't lived in the flat for 18 months.) Over his normal clothes - bright green t shirt and jeans - he wore a net curtain as a cloak, and a white beret, white gloves and carried a black handbag, while wearing some black 'clip clop' shoes. Then we got mum's (fake) fur jacket out and he insisted on wearing that and his favourite jewellery, a necklace of bluegreen plastic beads. After that he diversified a little, removed the cloak, found one of those crocheted blankets in stripes of all colours and wrapped that round him as his coat, changed his shoes for mum's gold dancing shoes and found a 'twinkle bag' (her gold evening bag) changed beret for a sunhat and topped it off with a pink and white baseball cap. He lost one of his 'glubs' and was very upset (his mum had chucked it in the bin). Later he found a navy scarf with sun moon and stars on it and decided it was a blanket and he was tired, so he climbed on to mum's bed, which we had just stripped and 'went to sleep'; nk phew, nk phew, nk phew.... we were ready to go by then, so tried to get him up 'I sleeping' nk phew nhk phew. Had to persuade him it was cock a doo time. Made a difficult job much easier, laughing at this antics - oh and he made a cake, he found a wooden spoon and a fruit bowl and came in stirring his cake - a jelly cake!
  • The studio where we do our belly dancing class has windows along one side- we can see out but no one can see in because they're black from the outside.
    It overlooks the recycling area and the park with trees and squirral and birds etc.
    An old woman in her motorised chair parked by the bins, removed her empties from a bag on the back and put them in the glass recycling containers...
    I don't know if the empties had had alcoholic content previously, but there was more than one of them.
  • [quote= Carol]but there was more than one of them.[/quote]
    I'm puzzled. Surely people don't normally take their bottles to recycling one by one? They save them up until they've got enough to justify a journey. So I would have been very surprised if there hadn't been more than one of them.
  • Ooer Carol

She wasn't drunk in charge of a motorised chair was she?
  • Rich, I take my friend's daily wine bottle to the bottle bank every night. Better than waiting for a carrier bag full!
  • I think you must be unusual, Dorothy. Nowadays, our bottles are collected by the fortnightly recycling service, but in the days when we had to visit the bottle bank I can't recall ever seeing anyone depositing a single bottle.
    However, I was merely wondering why Carol seemed surprised that the observed old woman deposited more than one bottle when that is what most people seem to do.
  • I would rather have the nice young men please and st FI think that counts it made me laugh
  • LizLiz
    edited March 2011
    Today -

A song flying above the kites,
    until, as if its wind was taken
    it fell to earth into the grass.

We saw and heard 3 skylarks today at Ashton Court on our dog walk. Lovely.
  • I think it was more the fact of how many bottles came out of the small bag on the back of the chair.
    Round our way, it is usually a person turns up and parks their car by the recycling bins and unloads all the bottles, whereas foot type recyclers seem to get rid of a couple of bottles at a time...
  • the other day I happened to have two wine bottles to throw - a good way of losing the aggro of the day, that is is! and passed someone who had just been to the ticket machine. He looked at me, looked at the bottles and said 'good day, was it?'
    Cheek!
  • Dorothy,I hope you replied in a suitably slurred voice 'it wash until you came along'
  • wish I'd thought of that ...
  • That's one way to get a reputation!!
  • A peacock butterfly on a daffodil.
  • Yesterday during a after school performance one of the girls threw a handful of glitter in front of her and then stood forwards...

Although she was playing Cinderella and was about to go to the royal ball I don’t think she meant to do that.
  • Magnolia trees in full bloom. They seem to flourish here on the island.
  • A crow came down for the pizza crusts I'd thrown out. He dunked them in water to make them soft.
  • That's clever!
  • Magpies do it, too. I think the crow family in general has sussed it out.
  • Daffodils in my daughter's garden.
  • edited March 2011
    the starlings raiding the palm type plants for nesting material.
  • a fire on wasteland and firemen putting it out
  • [quote=st force]Yesterday during a after school performance one of the girls threw a handful of glitter in front of her and then stood forwards[/quote]

apparently, glitter can blind if it goes in your eye STF
  • Don't worry she was fine afterwards.

and yes she looked lovely.
  • [quote=st force]she looked lovely. [/quote]

...although unfortunately she couldn't see that, 'cos she'd blinded herself

like, doh!
  • (Yesterday) In the walled garden car park of a National Trust property and old gent opened the back of his estate car to reveal two very large stuffed tigers, when he drove off they were looking out of the back window.
  • :-)

Yesterday I saw an Ice cream van driver tasting his own ice cream and screwing his face up in disgust.

Classic!
  • An email from one of our daughter's friends who is a psychologist, asking if I would complete a survey about snacking.

I did - and as a result I will now feel guilty if I don't halve my consumption of my favourite snack (biscuits) for a week. Or was it two weeks? I'd better check ...
  • edited March 2011
    (Yesterday) I saw some dandelions; a magpie pulling off twigs for its nest; and a long-tailed tit kept flying into our patio door. Perhaps it could see its reflection.
  • A dainty, yet somewhat lost-looking and windblown, collared dove. Yesterday, there was a brimstone butterfly in the garden.
  • Sitting in the car waiting for OH to return there was a gust of wind and the car was showered with pale pink petals from a flowering tree. Made me think this would be so much nicer than confetti for a wedding, floating petals.
  • Something I notice every day but forget to tell you about it, so here goes ...
    The NSPCC 'stand' for letters to Santa is STILL out in the Post Office. Now, I have to ask, are they late with their letters or early for this coming Christmas ... either way there are no leaflets in it for the kids to take.
  • Some wonderful country that I have always missed before by using the motorways. This little isle is FULL of absolutely breathtaking countryside.
  • Had a lovely afternoon at Cholmondeley Castle Gardens. Gorgeous daffodils everywhere, cherry blossom, rhododendrons starting to flower and a lovely Tamworth pig with her two piglets.
  • I'm in Cornwall for a few days and today I saw a red telephone box piled with books and used as a book swap. I regret not going back that way to get a photo however the seed is planted
  • Two wood pigeons having a punch-up.
  • I just had a hysterical five minutes watching your funnycats, StF, thank you so much
  • Must admit, even though i've seen some of those clips before STF, I've been having a funny five mins watching them. :) And I thought cats were supposed to be intelligent (although I did approve of the cat on the loo, then reaching for the toilet roll :) )
  • I saw a man taking his rabbit for a walk in the park on a lead.
  • like you do :)
  • And then picking it up when the off-lead dogs come after it?
  • What a stange man. I glad everyone liked the cat videos.
  • My eldest grandson has just sent me a phone picture of his broken nose - acquired whilst playing Oz Rules football in Dublin - not a pretty sight
  • Forget-me-nots in flower.

Local weather forecast: Cloudier With More Sunny Spells.

Local event (one for Ceka?): "The fun and entertainment is available for all family members, ranging from arts and crafts, mega slides and bouncy castles to owls."

Not seen, but the grass was pleasantly cool to bare feet.
  • edited April 2011
    (Mind you don't catch cold, Jay ;) )

Jenny Wren has made a nest in a straw house we bought from the pound shop ! It's very close to the kitchen window so hope it doesn't get disturbed.

Squirrels in my garden this morning and a peacock on a farm near us, this afternoon http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/bren257/DSCF6647.jpg
    http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/bren257/DSCF5975.jpg
    http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/bren257/DSCF6802.jpg

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/bren257/DSCF6802.jpg
  • no pics????
  • Don't know why the peacock is there twice, and apologies if the pics are VERY large.
    Don't know why that is either :)