Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Daily Challenge - what have you seen today?

Comments

• this morning, killing time before I picked the carer up to go to work, I sat in a layby in a wood locally. The ground was a mass of bluebells. Fantastic sight. I also managed to get to a lake I have been meaning to photograph forever, if the photos are OK, that's the Autumn issue all but wrapped up, only needs the editor's thoughts and I write them nearer the time, like - June. The Summer issue is almost ready to go.
  • Popped out into the garden and the white hawthorn blossom was blowing around like confetti.
  • Sounds like the start of a poem or a lyrical story that Carol. Very beautiful.
  • I saw my niece perform in Joseph, in a church hall. Being neither a churchgoer nor a fan of such musicals I went along only with thoughts of supporting my niece. She was brilliant! In it throughout, she sang and danced like a little pro. That kind of thing isn't for everyone but my niece has mild Turner's syndrome and works really hard in everything she does - academically and socially - to achieve what might come naturally to others. She absolutely shone and I'm so proud of her. Yes I had a few tears.

And a wonderful thunderstorm on the way home to end the day. I could smell the sea 4 miles from the coast. Feeling happy.
  • Joseph is one of the only Webber musicals I like, and I do love a musical. The storm at the end of the day sounds beautifully dramatic.
  • Sounds like a good show Lily :)

While walking the dog in the park i saw a man sat on a bench with his dog next to him.
    He was showing the dog pictues in the paper of the royal wedding and he kept pointing at the pictues asking the dog what it thought of them, the dog just licked the paper :)
  • Maybe the man had just eaten fish and chips out of the paper!
  • it looked like a new newspaper to me lol
  • On the day of the royal wedding, my partner went to the Valley Garden(s) in Virginia Water. The azeleas and rhododenrons were all in bloom.

Yesterday, I saw some buttercups.
  • this morning at 6:15 am i was quite happily asleep, i was woke by a loud hinking of a car horn. i started to drift off back to sleep when there was an even louder longer honk of the horn, shortly after i heard shouting so i went to the window thinking something had happened.
    i saw a man in his forties stood next to his car leaning in to honk the horn and my neighbour hanging out of the window telling him to shut up as people were trying to sleep.
    he replied that he was picking his friend up and needed to let him know he was there.
    my neighbour said have you tried ringing the door bell and the guy replied replied no i couldn't be botherd walking to the door.
    so my neighbour told him to stop being a lazy bastard and if he beeped his horn again he'd throw a bucket full of water over him.
    funnily enough he didn#t honk the horn again after that lol
  • This morning three boys (aged 8 or 9) rode their bikes on the wrong side of the road, shot out at a junction without looking and then left their bikes blocking the pavement while they were in a local takeaway.

Yesterday a girl of about 7 cycled off the pavement and almost under a car. Luckily the driver stopped in time.

On a more pleasant note, our California Lilac is in full bloom and looks lovely.
  • The buds on our syringa bush are beginning to open. That's nearly a month earlier than usual.
  • pleasant neighbourhood shell :)

everything will be blooming early, with all this warm weather

what have I seen today?

a fish rising from the dead :) , only to die again :( , and relive :) and die :(
  • I have just seen the teeeniest tiniest spider :)

Thought it was one of those fruit fly things and was about to swat it, when I realised it had legs. :)
  • A woodpecker on my partner's fat balls.
  • Sorry Jay, but that comment made me LOL! :)
  • :)

and me :)
  • edited June 2011
    In passing along a diverted road (and in France they can be excessively diverting, not least because they don't always put up the sign at each junction, just hope you make it to the next one), passed a field with a brand new, just born, calf with its mother.
  • The dropped red elastic bands of a new postman...
  • There's a tit on them now.
  • sunshine

rain

hailstones

sunshine
  • A squirrel has just climbed onto one of the garden chairs to see if there was any food on the table.
  • and was there?

nearly trod on a frog today :(
  • 'Fraid not.
  • Several spotty blackbirds in the garden.
  • I saw two year seven kids walking down the road holding hands claiming how much they love each other. The boy was looking at a sports car driving past and the girl was looking for her friends. They weren't looking at each other so didn't see that the other wasn't looking at them!
  • Aaaaahh. Young love. :)
  • A jay just landed on a stone teddy bear in the garden.
  • A fox sniffing around in my garden at approx 5 pm today
  • Saw our favourite gardens, Cholmondeley, in the rain today. The rhododendrons still looked magnificent! We enjoyed our visit despite the rain.
  • A Tabby cat, who three years ago decided to live with us, slowly getting soaked in the rain in our garden; he looked so sleek, strong and beautiful.
  • and wet :)

why did he stay outside Kado? I thought cats didn't like water?
  • He was abandoned and abused as a kitten and spent the first few months of his life living outside. For some reason water doesn't bother him; he loves to come inside after and drift into a deep sleep. He is great!
  • pbwpbw
    edited June 2011
    Walking back from swimming I saw a big stag beetle, about one and a half inches long and half an inch wide. He had the proper big horns 'n all. He was right in the middle of the cycle path and I wasn't going to pick him up because he started threatening me with those pincers. I got one of my swimming flip flops (Sorry, no, the flip-flops don't swim. I wear them round the pool.) out and he climbed on to it and I carried him over to the grass verge. (He's probably cursing me and trying to get back to the other side now).
  • :)

tell you what I've seen and it's DEAD annoying

flies, making luuuurve, on my washing, drying on the line.

I wouldn't mind but it was last Friday, AND today. Those flies are seeing more action than me and it's

DEAD annoying.
  • I've seen the switch for the light at the end of the tunnel. It's still firmly in the off position, but at least I now know where it is! ;)
  • Plumbing. And a lot of water. And copper pipe. And a very long hose pipe.
    Installling solar water heating to an old house is such fun.
  • What have I seen today?

My shrink.
  • I saw my son off for two a level exams, English, then psychology, which should be at the same time as his English, so he has to be chaperoned till an hour later and then has his psychology exam. I don't think an hour between two two and a half hour exams is enough. So I'm worried for him and his poor tired arm as he types mostly on the computer and isn't use to writing.
  • Hope it's all gone well for him, Liz.
    I've been to the market, and went into a proper leather-worker's shop to buy a belt, which he cut to fit and finished off there and then.
  • I've seen more dead flies today than I think I've ever seen before in one place
  • I hope he did well Liz.

Yes Steven, I saw tons of dead flys at school today... Maybe they're plotting something
  • St F, you're not starting on flies in your plans to murder people, are you?
  • I saw a pair of green finches when I walked out to go for my swim just now. Very pretty birds and it always makes me happy to see lovely birds like that.
  • I used to love to walk over my property and watch the rabbits at play.
    Humans have introduced a virus (is it calitsy, no idea of the spelling) and the rabbits are no more.
    Perhaps I should go to the old gold Common. Are there still rabbits "everywhere there"
  • A wonderful hawk, sitting on a wire at the side of the road: quite large (bigger than a kestrel) with mottled brown plumage - not that that narrows it down - and a curved beak.
  • I LOVE greenfinches PBW, I raised two wild ones as a child when their nest was blow apart by wind, and one flew away, but one remained with us for 13 years. she was incredibly intelligent and characterful. Great birds.
  • bertiebear. Sounds like a buzzzard to me.